yama xs400 xs250 , are they any good ?

jimmythemoonlight
This post is 4059 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello there children of the corn, i was looking on ebay at bikes for want of a better word 'window shopping 'and i discoverd a lot of xs400's that have been altered to look like oldish school bobbers or cafe racer type looking machines they seam to fetch around the 900 quid margin and some of them look real nice a look that i would love to obtain,, i wondered if anyone has any experiance of these machines and how they are to handle ie.. do you need to be an experianced biker to ride one or are they to be considered a user friendly machine..if you get me...? also i was thinking the time will soon come for me to upgrade beyond the power of my 125 and go for a poss 250 or 400 , and due to the look of these chopped xs's its a big contender for me , however not knowing anything about them i thought i would throw a line out for anyone who has experianced these and get something of a review...is it worth going for a 250? is it best as a novice to get a 400 ? are they a tame machine ? are they reliable? should i go for it or should i leave well alone? i doubt i would consider owning a standard one as its just not my bag ...any thoughts ???

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The 400 is a good step up, :yeah: reliable , low mantainance, i think you"l find old 250"s are not as fast as most 125"s nowaday"s

400's are better than the 250, they are lighter and have 38hp as opposed to 27hp.

mine will run 80mph all day which is fast enough without getting your self into trouble.

simple engines and cycle parts are interchangeable with other bikes in the yam range. they seem to be the choice for modding ATM which makes standard ones harder to find.

there is a 360 which is quite rare now and has a lighter crank than the 400, similar power too

big forum over at xs400.com or german site xs400.net

my mate had a go on mine to Stafford and loved it

yeah sound as a trout ....thats the bad boy that tickles my fancyright now, i defo think the modded look is possibly the best look for them , the ones with wide bars, bates head light , flat tracker /cafe racer backside, no front mud guard, custom tail light etc etc etc .... i think that is what i will set my sights on after or during this season, i after over 12 months of patiently gettin the xvs up and running i think that i can afford to upgrade at no extra cost to myself........less the test for the full liscence, i shall give the missus a swift jab to the head why?.. because i can..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online