My WR/YZ 290F

Yamaluke
This post is 4062 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What tail light are you running?is it stock and if so what year? Nice looking bike btw

How much more power with the 290cc kit and fmf power bomb.

• Like 1

The speedo dosn't work (fitted YZ forks that have different guards that dont hold speedo cable and the 17" front wheel gives fake reading anyway)

This bike isn't about the top speed really its all about acceleration in the tight and twisty roads :thumb:

yeh man i just wanna know because im nosey lol!!!

none of the enduro style bikes are really made for top speed, i just wanna know if these little 250's can pull to 60mph up a hill with 16 stonne on there back

ken

Thanks. The tail light is a DRC Edge 2. Great bit of kit, LEDs are so much brighter than normal bulbs.

The big bore kit and mega bomb give her a LOT more midrange stomp.

Lmao more midrange,mine with a stage 2 porting pulls your arms off ,mind I am running a 52 rear sprocket.

yeh man i just wanna know because im nosey lol!!!

none of the enduro style bikes are really made for top speed, i just wanna know if these little 250's can pull to 60mph up a hill with 16 stonne on there back

ken

Ken they just pull and pull and can be geared for what ever type of speed you want,but they are way more fun blasting from corner to corner and out of the corner than running top speed.

• Like 1

I have the YZ/F exhaust cam fitted too. Gives a little more top end

That was the first up grade i did too, mine is fitted with the auto decompression as it's 01 no e start ,works a charm.

$1000.00 for a 290 kit I would like to see some dyno charts befor jumping in on that, missed out riding one fitted with it by a day,1 was up for sale localy and couldn't get to the guy's house before he sold it :eusa_doh:

Ken put it this way my bud who weighs in at 300+lbs rides a crf 250x 2010 and it pulls him NP bone stock,but my wr is faster IMO than the uni cam and the wr turns faster/easier. Also the honda feels too soft in the suspension department every time I jump it

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online