Project

Alexengongong
This post is 4096 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm considering buying a pit bike for a little project (as they're cheaper for parts and take up less space...) someone try and talk me out of it? Or is this just another one of my totally flawless ideas?! :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have done a Pit bike and they are easy as taking a piss to do, they are fun for about 20 mins as thats how long they take to strip down. if you want a good project thats cheap, go for what Grouch said, get a cheap 125 or the like and get stick in. you can pick ones up for a bag of spuds on e-bay if you keep looking

I would love to get a 125 crosser or something like that... But as I still live with my parents.. They don't want a full size bike and bits lying around, so a pit bike would be a compromise, also I can just chuck it in the back of a car rather than having to organise transport to get it anywhere. Thanks for your opinions though :D

Just do what i do with the wife, buy it, stick it in your room (or the garden) and just say it randomly turned up one day. :) once its through the door the deal is done.

Should have seen the look on the wifes face when i was walking up the driveway with a 6ft fish tank :eusa_whistle:

My last pitbike was a demon x d'link 160 bought a TB parts top end with v2 race head and bigger carb took it to 24hp 180cc with full scorpion exhaust

Rapid bike but there chinese and build quality is very poor although all in all my d'link cost me £2k+ when is sold it I got £700.

Look on YouTube under my account "funkysnair" you will see a video of the bike ticking over when I had it forsale.

I say stay away from them buy a klx110 or a genuine Honda crf70-same engine mounts as a pitbike so you could throw in a zongshen 155ho engine for more hp

Ken

Noise, i think my parents would appreciate the fish tank aha! my dad has a fairly huge one and it's his pride and joy!

Ken, i was looking for anything really, just found a couple on gumtree for about £100, don't really mind about making a profit on it, just something to fiddle with in my free periods at college (and it'll help towards my grades) i did see a couple that you mentioned and they look pretty awesome!

Thanks for all your suggestions :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online