carb overflow hose! petrol shooting out

WherEmEweeD
This post is 4067 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have you messed on with the float level??

Sounds like you're carb is over flowing do to the float pin (can't remember its real name) its got the rubber tip hasn't closed due to the float not pushing it up!!

Check make sure float isn't jammed up and there isn't anything stopping the rubber tip pin from closing the inlet hole!!

There is prob a better way of explaining this but I'm on my phone and off to kip

Cheers

Ken

Kens right, your float is either stuck down or the needle valve is not seating properly, give the float bowl a sharp tap with the end of a screwdriver that sometimes works just to knock it back into line. :jossun:

just thought id mention it could also be that the overflow screw (little jobby down by the overflow pipe, that you can see with the carb on the bike.) isnt in properly, or the little seal on it isnt on it..

if you undo that screw fuel will come out even if the float is set right and the little pin it upshes up is fine..

but as already mentioned. i would also check that the little pin the float pushes up is actually there. and that the float is pushing it up when its in the up possition.

Before i remove and take the carb out could it still be that the float pin is stuck down or the needle valve is not seating properly even if i have not had the carb removed and taken apart.

I have only really taken the hoses and airfilter housing off and maybe a pipe or two but i made sure to put it all on correctly. was working correctly before i cleaned around it.

I will check the overflow screw now. is the overflow screw same as float chamber drain screw?

It sounds like you have a small piece of dirt between the tapered float valve and seat if you didn't take the carb off. Try turning the fuel tap to off, unscrew the float bowl drain screw and drain the float bowl until fuel stops coming out. Do the drain screw back up and turn the fuel tap back on. Sometimes this is enough to flush the dirt from the valve seat. Try it again if it doesn't work first time.

If you asking " is the fuel switch the choke" :eusa_think: sounds like its a vacume petcock, as you"v never switched it on/off,

my bet is youv got pipes mixed up , fuel in vacume inlet , instead of fuel inlet,

coz youv not had carb in bits ,for it to f*ck up,

Yeah i think you could be right on it being a vacume petcock :spin2:

I will post a few pics tomorrow as i had a last look at the pipes and tbh i would prob do more wrong messing with them. maybe a small video showing the pipes and where they goto etc.

Dear WherEmEweeD

Go onto page three of this forum to "xt 125 r petrol leak" which describes similar problems I had.

I presume you removed your float bowl and assuming you didn't adjust anything then it must be a problem with the float needle valve not seating properly. Did you remove the float and needle valve?

It's a pain to keep taking the carb off but from the link I mentioned you will see a recommendation for testing if the needle jet is seating with the carb in your hand. Will save a lot of time.

Best of luck

Dave

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online