dt 125 overheating

ahaywood93
This post is 4071 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

when i put it back together it would overheat after 10 mins on riding so i was thinking and i remembered when i took the thermostat out and had to ask you guys what way it went in ;) lol but i remembered it was rusty so ive removed my one and it works perfect it just takes a little longer to warm to ideal temp ive called a yam dealer and supriseinly its a 35 pound part from them and ebay its 40 quid without p&p so i think ill take a ride up to yamaha in bedworth and get a new one just thought idd post this so if anyone else is having this problem they have a possible answer sorted :)

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

can also be linked to air lock in the liquid coolant especially after a rebuild, squeezing the tubing whilst the engine is running after 10 mins sometimes can get rid of airlock, i had airlock in mine so i ran her with no cap on radiator and proceeded to squeez all hosing and vwala bubbles and coolant level dropped topped up problem solved

ken

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online