!! This Is Funny As Hell !!

129crossplane
This post is 4070 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So my buddy calls me up and says his Honda Shadow is running like crap and it smells like its running extremely rich. After completing work on one of my bikes i grab tools and make the trip to his house. I have him start the bike and i can tell its running rich because of the famous smell.......but i noticed a different smell with it too. I looked around his garage (which is detached from his house) and noticed he put hay down for some odd reason. First i checked to make sure choke wasn't still pulled......check. Before i adjusted his carbs i had a hunch and decided to check the air filter for clogging. I pulled off the cover and presto!! The culprit was as visible as lime green rain gear! A field mouse had worked his way into the air box and built himself a little nest. When my buddy had started the bike earlier, it sucked the poor little fella against the filter and suffocated not only the bike but itself as well. It looked like a cat stuck on a screen door in summer time! Moral of the story here.......next time get a hamster cage instead of covering the floor with hay!!!!! :hah:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

couple of years ago my heaters would not work in my bmw 3 series

on further investigation i found a mouse nest in the void beside the blower

clean out the nest and replace the heater wire that had been chewed through

and i had heat again

I live in the country so there are loads of field mice about here

but after getting 2 cats not seen as many !!!!!!!!!!!!

them mice get everywhere. Maybe it was a biker mouse from Mars

1112352_300x300_1.jpg

Can't believe I forgot about that show! Class...

We are in the country too and its common for them to get in cars as well. Had same situation where a mouse had nested in a vehicle and chewed through the wire harness. Dang squirrels are bad as well.

Had a mouse make a nest in the bottom of the front coil spring on our motorhome, only noticed it when I was takeing the van for its MOT, no sure where the mouse ended up, it may have hitched a ride to one of the camp sites we visited last year.

I still have the nest outside on my bench in the warehouse at work, it keeps one of the younger toe rags away from my kit as he wont go near it.