The Definitive Jap middleweight dualsport review!

Pete
This post is 6677 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ah ok thanks for that,

the following is from this website

motorcycle daily

"The new windscreen proved to be a big improvement (at least on this initial ride) over the old design on the 1000. I only sampled the lower of the three positions, but wind buffeting was noticeably less than it was behind the stock screen on the 1000 last year."

but i guess its a big difference from one person to the next,

I don't know what to do, ( well i may as well test ride it) but i'm still not sure if its for me, .. I'm 25 after all, i should be riding sports bikes :lol: but on the other hand i know i will have to go shopping and get to work every day on it. .. Oh decisions decisions!

seeing as you have had more bikes than i can name! do you have any mind altering advice ? <_<

Thanks again

Mark.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ah ok thanks for that,

the following is from this website

motorcycle daily

"The new windscreen proved to be a big improvement (at least on this initial ride) over the old design on the 1000. I only sampled the lower of the three positions, but wind buffeting was noticeably less than it was behind the stock screen on the 1000 last year."

but i guess its a big difference from one person to the next,

I don't know what to do, ( well i may as well test ride it) but i'm still not sure if its for me, .. I'm 25 after all, i should be riding sports bikes :lol: but on the other hand i know i will have to go shopping and get to work every day on it. .. Oh decisions decisions!

seeing as you have had more bikes than i can name! do you have any mind altering advice ? <_<

Thanks again

Mark.

They're quoting the 1000 screen....the original model had a fixed screen, which then changed (2004 I think) to the adjustable one that has always been on the 650.

But bear in mind that the seat height on the 1000 is 1" higher....so that alters the variables even more.

And sports bikes are only good for one thing....riding fast on open, smooth roads. Not easy to find in the UK....and when you do, you can guarantee Plod will be there.

If you want sportsbike performance, but in a "do it all" package....get a Fazer! :)

Well yeah that was what i had planed to do all along but after test riding the 05 model theres no way i'd get one which has the R6 engine, if they did the older Thundercat engine in the new shape then maybe, But even so the Fazer is 2 insurance groups higher than the SV/v-strom and at 25 those 2 groups are a big difference

I dunno, I think the shop will get pissed of with me test riding all there bikes :D But i want to get rid of the divvy soon as it will be needing a service and new tyres so don't want to waste £350 on a bike i don't really want anymore.

I Guess i just need to make up my own bloody mind and bite the bullet

thanks for you help and advice anyway :thumb:

Stay safe

Mark.

Tom.

He doesn't really write for Razzle ( or at least I hope he doesn't and if he does can he get me a job there).

L.C. was pulling ya plonker.

Have a look at the top shelf next time your in the newsagent.

Rob... :D

now i really do feel silly :(

as regards to a new bike the sv is a nice bike has lots of good reviews in magazines i have read. don't be fooled by the special edition one though, according to the magazine all the difference is is the paint job!! have you looked at the TDM similar to the Fazer. or even a gay transalp or varadero 1000. or perhaps a BMW? also a nice moto guzi has come out, its stylish :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online