?'s about the "Dragon" aka hwy129, deals gap, ask me i live there

129crossplane
This post is 4098 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I wish I had a nickle for every time someone finds out where I live. I am bombarded with questions about "The Dragon" so here is a basic over view. We locals call it the hill, others may refer to it as the dragon, daddy dragon (yes there is a baby dragon too), hwy 129, tail of the dragon, deals gap and so on.I live about 20 min from it and try to ride there 4x a week. It is 318 curves in an 11 mile stretch. These are switch backs with chicanes and even banking on some of them. You can find excellent footage of it on you tube. My buddy is the fastest guy there and has videos on YT as well. Check him out "Jared Barnes Dragon Slayer" All video is shot by the us129photos crew and race team. Yes I just said that, there is actually a race team that is from 129. Any questions about this HELL road feel free to ask

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Team suzuki came a few years ago and some guys from AMA appeared this year, sadly though it rained the whole time AMA was here. I believe "Deal's Gap" even has a Face Book page if you would like to see some of the events and local pics. The "fidy" races are awesome........ basically its guys on pocket rockets racing and wrecking. Very funny!!!!! Also a great place to view the curves, bikes and wrecks there is the web site for us129photos.com. Date back to this summer and you'll get some nice images.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online