Yamaha DT 125R HELP!!!!

Dazzler123
This post is 4079 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, my son has a DTR 125R (W Reg 2000), great runner and been reliable up to present. Recently when he rides its as though the choke is stuck on! it starts to splutter and loose power then gain power again, i have rode it myself to see what he was complaining about and its as though its being ridden with the choke stuck on full, can anyone help??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It may be beneficial to read this thread

There is lots of great advice on the forum and experience shows that new members who post an intro get better and more replies.

Sounds like a air intake problem try cleaning and oiling the air filter!

Mine in the hot weather was doing as you said so I drilled 4 holes the size of 5p coin in the top of air box cured problem instantly, now with the cold temperature she drawing too much cold air so ill have to cover up the holes!!!!

Ken

Ahh I have another idea and a simple one to try. It sounds like water in the float bowl...typical power one minute and struggling the next!

Undo the float bowl drain screw and drain some off, if theres water there it will soon be fixed :thumb:

hmmm... wonder if thats why mine is doing it now????

ill be trying this also cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online