Laziness & Neglect

Grouch
This post is 4094 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys,

I have been off the radar lately due to hectic work/uni/life commitments, anyway I hope everyone has been safe and well. I have become really lazy and started to neglect the care of my bike through stress and tiredness. I have noticed today that it is pretty corroded, now I do have ACF-50 which I applied but it mustn't of been enough. There are no major problems with the bike but here is what is bugging me and needs sorting out...........

1) Bash plate has come loose somehow, so after failing to cable tie it (temporarily) I have removed it.

2) Corrosion around the bike, rust etc, looks shabby

3) Electric start knackered

4) Headlights knackered after I upgraded bulbs, now only high beam works, and the bike will only start with high beam on

Now I know these don't seem serious but I don't have a clue about electrics and I can't be bothered paying a garage. Also what can I do about the corrosion? I want to fully restore and service the bike for spring so it is perfect to be sold on.

Also the money I had for my test I spent it on a fucking iPad, so now I have to do the test under new laws.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just spent most of the day cleaning my bike and ACF-50'ing her. From now on every Sunday I am going to clean her and do any necessary repairs/maintenance.

Groucho" what do you mean " it only starts with H/beam on, " :eusa_think: is low beam shorting out the motor,,

Ever since I changed the bulb for a xenon one it blew and my sidelight stopped working (I still haven't replaced it) my bike will only start when I have the full beam on.

Anyone got a wiring diagram? I can't see why High and low beam would have any effect on starting. Unless it has a ground issue related to the signal light

you need ro download a colour diagram Grouch"o , much easier to follow, i canna see ignition loop going thru lights circuit ,, :eusa_snooty:

Cheers BlackHat, I think I might just take it to a garage. I really don't want to start messing with it again. It ended up like this because I changed the sidelight bulb.

Hey Grouch, just out curiosity, why not change the lights back to standard and see if the bike starts normally. if it works its the lights coursing the drama, if its not then maybe a fuse. How bad is the rust? its it effecting any earthing points for the starter motor etc?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online