95 Virago 1100 clutch issue.

74tx500
This post is 4095 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

well i have a question about the clutch setup on my 95 XV1100. do the diaphragms wear out? i'm replacing the clutch cable and adjustment parts at the handle due to someone(before me owning it) bending the adjustment hardware and the clutch cable starting to rub through. but whats happening is when i ride the motorcycle is this. i'll warm it up ride and the 6 miles to my buddy's house. all is good shifts fine shut it off hang out for a hour or so go to leave and now it clunks into gear and is hard to shift. is the diaphragm collapsing and causing this disengagment issue? is it a major adjustment issue? i bought this motorcycle from a person who lived in the city and only rode it locally(all city riding).

any help would be great.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

wow 74 this sounds like a unique problem. I would think that if it was a diaphram it would do it constantly not sporadic. It sounds to me like the trip to a friends house is allowing for heat expansion and after sitting for an hour it will continue to heat some. As it cools like when you get it home and it sit for a day or more it retracts which allows it to move easier. Check fluid levels first then look for binding evidence on the clutch assembly itself.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online