continental tkc80 twinduro

kenDAWG
This post is 4067 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello

im looking at some decent tyres for some enduro, i currently have a pair of Heidenau tyres on that are rated as enduro, the rear is a cats paw and cost me £75 which isnt too bad and the front is not a cats paw tread and the grip is terrible to a point i wont go green laining while i have that tyre on.

ive decided to get rid of them both in favour of some tyres more geared towards offroading there are a few different kinds ive been looking at but i do like the look of the continental tkc80's.

can anyone shine some light in the quality for green laining in damp conditions, going to drop £140 on these 2 tyres and i want to know if there any good.

any other tyres to consider fire away.

cheers

ken

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Is there any others that offer better offroad traction?

I do like the look of the conti's but the tread seems a little close and I'm wondering if they would have good results

Cheers

Ken

Sorry Ken, I don't know. I don't green lane. I guess it depends if it is rock, mud, grass etc and if it is ridden to and from the lanes. Have a look here LINKY, put in the wheel sizes and you may get some options.

If I dropped the TS on the exhaust side, it is a write off.

Mich AC10 on the rear, mitas ef08 on the front. Brilliant off road, been through a couple of sets on a dt. Tried the mitas co2 but was just too big and rubbed on the crap flap otherwise would have recommended that. These tyres were used in muddy essex and kent lanes to rocky welsh vallies and were fine. If youre riding more rocks though id stick a trials tyre on the rear instead of an enduro type.

you know what ive just ordered a set of AC10's, they look the most usefull offroad tyres...

i remember seeing someone with them AC10 tyres on there drz and i honestly thought he was riding with illegal tyres on so to be honest the extra 30min googling has paid off for me.

i am also under the impression they wont last as long on the road as the tkc 80's/tw301's but hey ho ill be smiling on them lanes ooooooh yaaaaas

ken

If your riding 80% off road the ac10 rear is a great tyre. Its horrible on wet tarmac, and wears out very quick if you give it the beans on the road.

The fronts are less good. Most people I know tend to have only a rear.

Try lowering the pressure up front, it may improve things.

I have a tkc80 on my DT. It's ok. I got it because it fits in the swingarm. I'd prefer something knoblier in the wet. But keep it spinning and it's not too bad. I paid £55 for my rear tkc at Stafford classic bike show.

But like a lot of things, its what works best for you and your riding.

I managed 5000miles out of a rear ac10, was completely squared off though. It was a bit sketchy on the road at first but iv found all off road tyres are, just take it easy at first. I never had any problems in the wet either, just dont grab a big handful of the brakes but that goes for any tyre i guess.

I used to ride 150 miles on the road a week and probably less than 10 miles off road a week and it lasted pretty well. Looks good too =)

• 1 month later...