tzr125cc engine problem

xeonzero
This post is 4048 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello, had another post about this but it kinda died and whatnot

anyway

my bike has a really annyoing problem thats driving me up the wall

in 2nd gear to 6th the bike just wont get any power, wont even speed up,

in 1st gear all is fine and will work like it was new

in 2nd it will slowly rev, and when it hits its power band (8k RPM) instead of turning into a rocket like normal

it will only ( as best i can explain )

splutter, hit rev limiter or hiccup, its really hard to tell and with a loss of my mobile i have no way to record a ride out.

the piston mooves a tiny tiny bit, but i really cant tell if the engine is making the piston slap noise, the barrel isnot marked and all is good with it

(.75 oversize piston)

the carb has been cleaned mutiple times, but im still getting a new one as this one is bit old and naff, stock airbox fitted and brand new iridum spark plonked in, i cant really do a compression test as i dont have a

tester

its starting to kill me as im not sure whats wrong, it could be anything but im not sure how to find out

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You would be better off staying with the older thread keeps it all tidy.

Have you actually tried the bigger jets. As i said in your other thread running an open pv needs the washer out of the exhaust and a 240 ish main.

Sounds to me like she is trying but hasnt got the fuel. Till you have usedca bigger jet we cannot help.

well the jets in her are bigger then stock. so i didnt think that would slow her down, as people have said that she will go about 80 with stock parts,

as far as can see there is no washer on or in the exhaust and will try bigger jets either way

thanks

well the jets in her are bigger then stock. so i didnt think that would slow her down, as people have said that she will go about 80 with stock parts,

as far as can see there is no washer on or in the exhaust and will try bigger jets either way

thanks

Dont assume anything.

No washer and a powervalve apparently wide open. That is hardly stock.

• 2 weeks later...

thats true yes, i put a new carb on and she runs ALOT better, but still a bit stagger / sputtery, should have a 240 jet arrive today or tomorrow and will put that in and try her, i think were FINALLY on the right track on solving whats holding her back, will keep updated and thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

right with a new carb and a 240 jet installed she will hit powerband in 3rd, (taking my up to about 60mph) which didnt happen before, but... in mid rev range in 1st 2nd and 3rd
(mid rev being 4-7k RPM) the bike will splutter really fast and somtimes it will just keep revving and carry on normal but if im not going fast enough she will splutter and slow down

4th 5th and 6th are still unusable due to not enough speed and if i go into them the bike wont speed up or even hold speed im at,

any ideas ?

thanks

60mph in 3rd. Crikey. Whats the gearing.