Number 52 is in the House!

Pete
This post is 6804 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

And here it is....a new XT660R!

xtr4.jpg

xtr2.jpg

xtr5.jpg

No point in me waiting for the 55 reg cos the XT will be the one that goes to Spain, and will get re-registered there.

The ideal bike for Spanish roads I'd say!

As for the TDM....it's a very good bike. But I just couldn't get on with it...particularly the handling.

Even though the TDM was faster and had better brakes than the Strom, in every other area the Strom just whips it's ass.

I've always wanted one of the new XT's....and the Spanish relocation plus the great deal just forced my hand.

What's it like?

I've done 120 miles on it and so far it seems to me to have similar performance to the Transalp....but a bit gruntier.

It's light years ahead of the old XT's....no comparison whatsoever.

Very tall....but I'll get used to that.

Comfort?....It's no Strom but it's pretty good compared to most. Pillion provision looks pretty reasonable...but has to be tested.

But one aspect that stands out a mile is the handling. With Michelin Siracs as standard, the thing goes round corners like you wouldn't believe.

I thought the Strom handled well....and it did. But this thing is something else!

On rural bumpy backroads, this new XT has the potential to really do the biz!

You're going to say....those pipes are no good for offroad.

Maybe not for you...........but they'll be fine for the namby pamby gentle trails that I occasionally venture on.

What is more important to me is the fact that the bike handles like a dream on country roads, cos that's where I do my riding.

What you think? B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

1 question ive always wanderd about u pete, is how on earth can u afford so many bikes so often and easily with insureance and stuff as well :shock: fair play to ya i love them bikes always wanted one, hope u like and stick with this one for more than a week! lol

1 question ive always wanderd about u pete, is how on earth can u afford so many bikes so often and easily with insureance and stuff as well :shock: fair play to ya i love them bikes always wanted one, hope u like and stick with this one for more than a week! lol

When you reach your fifties life is different skyline. B)

• Admin

If your still alive when we get to that age you will have to give us some advice ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online