Wind protection XJ6N

lespaul1959
This post is 3308 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have just been looking at them before I logged on here .

Not saying this is the place to buy them but on the folllowing website there is a limited amount of options you can actually see fitted on a xj .

www.bs-motoparts.com

Hey guys, I myself as a solution to the wind buffeting problem bought the Puig flyscreen (light smoke)

http://files.bs-motoparts.eu/img/0/puig/verkleidungsscheiben/5026h.jpg

Pricey, but very easy to fit, actually looks good on the bike unlike every other flyscreen made for it. Also when riding at night the top of it glows (very slightly) red, which gives off the feeling of being in a cockpit I find, always fun.

You do get a bit more of the wind thrown at your face rather than chest, but it gives you something to tuck behind (not something you always do on an XJ6N) and when you've got your head down a bit it really does cut out a lot of the noise and wind! You also finally get to hear what that delightful in-line 4 sounds like around 10k rpm (sounds like a thoroughbred).

Hope I could help you at all!

• Like 1

The Puig does look pretty cool, I think Ill nail one of those on.

And I agree Id like to ear a little more of the bike while Im riding, maybe a Leo Vince exhaust mod next :-)

I'll see if they have any deals at the MCN Bike show coming up.

• Like 1

Pricey, but very easy to fit, actually looks good on the bike unlike every other flyscreen made for it. Also when riding at night the top of it glows (very slightly) red, which gives off the feeling of being in a cockpit I find, always fun.

Now to me the red glow implies there is a option with the screen that enables the operation of a missile tracking system head up display with red graphics that can help you to nail the nob in the Audi who has just pulled out in front of you on a roundabout .

• Like 1

Now to me the red glow implies there is a option with the screen that enables the operation of a missile tracking system head up display with red graphics that can help you to nail the nob in the Audi who has just pulled out in front of you on a roundabout .

Haha! It does actually cross your mind I shit you not. Maybe I'll draw a crude missile tracking system onto the inside of the screen (thus ruining it) and chase tuners around yelling 'kapow' through my muffled helmet!

A front fog lamp illumination device would also be worth considering .

Anyone else think they are a menace , especially in the rain on a bike at night . You just see stars .

If the car driver could see what we see ( or don't see) I am sure they would turn them off .

Working in the motor trade I know that all cars have fog warning lights glaring away if the fogs are on .

No excuse.

Sorry to move away from the original screen topic.

David

• 2 years later...

Hi could any of you guys that have the XJ6 with the puig screen upload a picture or two, I'm thinking of buying it, but I would like to see how it looks on the bike.
Thank you :D