time for next level test *info needed*

kenDAWG
This post is 4110 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I think a call to my local training Center Is in order

always best, and if they get it wrong u can blame em..... hahahaha

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If you have to do a test anyway,,,,,,, why not go for a full bike licence,,,,,,,,then you can ride anything you want whenever you want.

Would it not be just as easy to pass on a 600+cc bike as on a 125cc

I would do full licence and be done with tests forever.

Was just getting stressed sometimes you cannot see what is in front of you, I apologise dirtyDT

No worries.

Given your age, I agree with 2wheels. Do the new "A" category test (600cc plus motorcycle that produces at least 53.6 Bhp) and never worry about it again. It is only going to get harder and more expensive. I can't remember the cost of the test back when I took it but I seem to remember that my car lessons were £2.75 each.

I know what you are saying but if I say that I lack confidence on bigger bikes and to be fair I don't want a bigger bike I would be happy with a 250-350cc trail bike.

I can understand what you guys are saying and it does make sense but I'm the kinda person that has to work my way up.

Whole reason I got my cbt was to learn the roads and get used to 2 wheels before the next step, I don't have a car license so it's a bigger learning curve for me really....

Cheers

Ken

The trailie market seems a bit strange to me. I love them (but have little leg syndrome). The modern ones seem to fit into 2 categories for me.

1) much too tall b4lls out 2 stroke screamers

2) just a little underpowered 4 strokers

I had a XT350 which was really slow, a SLR650 which was fine but I just needed a little more power but OK up to 70 and I do like the XT660's but have never ridden one.

Yeh I think I'm going to swerve the 2 strokes there a little frowned upon around where I live people here me going up the bank on my dt and they think I'm going 100mph lol.

I guess I'm just going to have to try a few out see what I like!

Isn't there a hp to weight limit on the A2 license?

Cheers

Ken

Another interesting point;

Automatic and semi-automatic motorcycles

If you pass your test on a motorcycle with automatic or semi-automatic transmission you’ll only get a full licence for those types of motorcycle.

So if you pass on a "wind up and go", you can't ride a manual bike with gears.

But I think that an A2 includes A1 but not A.

So a A1 pass gives you A1 bikes to ride. Over 17 YOA.

An A2 pass gives you A1 and A2 bikes to ride. Over 19 YOA.

And a A pass gives you everything. Over 24 YOA.

Does that even make sense.

So if you are 16 to 17 it is mopeds only

You cant ride anything bigger than a 125 until you are 19 or over and you cant get a non restricted license until you are 24.

Ah I get you!

Love it how they make it easy to understand lol

Thank for your patients pal I'm sure after I study this thread over and over it will sink in hahahaha

Cheers

Ken

and you cant get a non restricted license until you are 24.

OR if you have had your A2 for a minimum of two years then you can go for the A tests

so if you get your A2 as soon as you turn 19, you can then go for the full bike tests in two years time (so could be as young as 21 :) )

OR if you have had your A2 for a minimum of two years then you can go for the A tests

so if you get your A2 as soon as you turn 19, you can then go for the full bike tests in two years time (so could be as young as 21 :) )

Yep, I missed that bit. And each license is separate so if you take a moped test first and step up when you can you will need to do 4 tests now.

I don't understand why they messed on with the test system to the extent they have done!

Was the old system failing? Or was there a need to change with bikes becoming more powerful?

Cheers

Ken

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online