Snow Again !!!!!!!!!

bindie
This post is 4108 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Cant help but think the nations gone a bit soft. First sign of snow an all the schools shut. I dont recall this much fuss back in the 50s an 60s, when snowfalls were far greater and lasted longer, but I guess the amount of vehicle miles travelled now makes a major contribution to the crisis as there is much more focus on roads.

Not been on the bikes since Monday, its not the cold, its the ice thats the problem

I walked to junior school in the 50's through 18 "snow for 2 miles Across the fields to go to school and got wrong for being late. I will add no further comment.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I walked to junior school in the 50's through 18 "snow for 2 miles Across the fields to go to school and got wrong for being late. I will add no further comment.

I'm not surprised for being told off for being late Jonny, couldn't you have grabbed one of your Shetland ponies? :D

A lot of it is liability. I was at school just about 20 years ago, we had to go by coach as it was out in the country. I remember the bloody thing going all over the place on the ice, and one of the other coaches crashing into a pole. A coach operator was on the local news yesterday and said he refused to carry school children as the risk of liability would be too high.

It's the usual thing, that if you go far enough up the tree in this country, you'll find a cabal of lawyers rubbing their hands in glee.

Its a fact.

My eldest and her partner were at risk of being flooded out before Christmas. They rang the Council to and for some sandbags to be delivered, to be told that they'll have to come and fetch them, the Council couldn't deliver because of "Health and Safety"

When he got there, he asked if he could take enough for all of the properties in their Cul-de-Sac (approx 130), and was told yes.

So he started to load em up, but noticed that the Council workers made no effort to assist.

"Any chance of a hand chaps please"

"Sorry mate, not allowed to, Health and Safety"

No wonder we no longer have an empire :shakeno:

So who puts the sandbags around public buildings?

professionalism.jpg

Was probably an issue of health and safety to get out and move this branch... :biglaugha:

• Like 1

Its a nice -13c with a wind chill of -39c and you couldn't keep a bike in your lane ,for the wind, without spikes,the truck just barely started this morning going to have to put the battery warmer on and the block heater for tomorow,took 20 min to get heat out out of the heater in the truck.

I swear the house was shivering last night,didn't properly close the back door and blew open in the night woke up to 4c and snow in the kitchen BRRRRRR.

Aye but the Russians are geared up for there conditions!

We run out of salt because of penny pinching councils if there was more gritters/ploughs on the road people would be able to get to school and work!!!

Ken

Aye but the Russians are geared up for there conditions!

We run out of salt because of penny pinching councils if there was more gritters/ploughs on the road people would be able to get to school and work!!!

Ken

must have some serious anti freeze in use there,

or do you just keep the motors running 24/7 to stop them from freezing

road salt grit does not work below minus 15 so what do they use ??

We run out of salt because of penny pinching councils

Ken

Yeh" coz their loading up there pensions with the council tax,, :eusa_snooty:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online