RXS100 1983 exhaust baffle

Roberttjames
This post is 3040 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys this may seem a daft question but the retaining screw for the exhause baffle has worked its way loose and shot off somewhere causing the baffle to come loose, I have found yambits do a retaining plug, anyone know the size of bolt- required. (It may seem an insignificant question) Also the use of baffle packing stops me getting anywhere above 6000 rpm does anyone use it?

Thanks for your time

Rob

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My RXS has no packing in it and it gets to redline easily... cant remember the size of the baffle screw but if i remember tomorrow i will whip it out of the standard pipe and measure it...

Usually the baffle screw is a 6mm thread size by about 10 to 15mm long with a spring washer underneath. If you are talking about the wadding wrapped around the baffle with wire you can safely do away with this.

cheers guys, im at uni now and well away from my dads workshop i didnt want to keep traipsing to the ironmongers-suppose i could have just taken the baffle with me as to ride it is far too loud- i was stopped on the way home this last time it happened by a cop- who was ok when i explained and said id walk it when i got to residential areas. thanks again

• 2 years later...

No.

This thread is beyond old, locked.

• Cynic locked this topic
This post is 3040 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.