your other hobbies?

armfaw
This post is 4075 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

what other hobbies do you have?

i have a pony..V030611_19_c001.jpg

also offroad my truck...Picture197_zps542ac6be.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My first Hobby is obviously the bike, but then its my 19 months old daughter and the other thing i do is Karate, do it 4 hours a week and im a 5yh Kyu Blue belt Sempi. So im two belts from Black and i help teach classes as well.

At 48 I'm too old to play Rugby, so I have been coaching for the last 2 years

I have a 1st dan black belt in Shotokan karate although I have not been to a class in about 5 years.. Used to teach classes but had to get out because the kids came along. I'm planning on going back soon enough... What style do you practice noise ??

Done the off road thing, i took a 61 S2 landy and turned it into a v8, full auto, power steered pot hunter. Trouble was i was great at building the winning kit. Just couldnt drive for shit. I ended up pit crew on my own truck.

Dont get me wrong i could get anywhere it wasn't the terrain i just could never judge the soddin canes well enough.

Just have my bikes and barely have time for them.

Have a couple of now, very dusty rc helicopters too.

I have a 1st dan black belt in Shotokan karate although I have not been to a class in about 5 years.. Used to teach classes but had to get out because the kids came along. I'm planning on going back soon enough... What style do you practice noise ??

The style i do is Doryoku Ryu Karate Jutsu, which i a slight mish mash of Godu and shotokan. Its all old Okinawa mumbo jumbo but its funny when you get the pissed up polish run into the class picking fights with our sensei, she is only 5ft 4 but has a hell of a kick and punch and um she is rather tasty to watch too :P

have done some off roading in my vitara, but not any more coz i just scrapped it this week as it was rotten..

have played rugby for 17 years, still play and i also play american football.

have played rugby for 17 years, still play.

Jealous me........Enjoy it for as long as you can Beef

I stopped playing at 45 having started at 12. I played back row and enjoyed the physical side immensely. Eventually tho' my legs gave up and the hammies were getting taped up every week. I ended up spending more time on the physios table than on the pitch

The style i do is Doryoku Ryu Karate Jutsu, which i a slight mish mash of Godu and shotokan. Its all old Okinawa mumbo jumbo but its funny when you get the pissed up polish run into the class picking fights with our sensei, she is only 5ft 4 but has a hell of a kick and punch and um she is rather tasty to watch too :P

You lucky sod, my sensie was a 5'10" wide animal who enjoyed making you suffer. Our chief instructor is a guy called dave hazzard, he was the England kata coach for a spell. Have you heard of him? O I remember the days when you'd get a noob in who thought he was the business........ they usually didn't come back after 1 class. :hah:

I really mean to learn the guitar this year (mind you I have said that every year for the last few decades). A little web stuff. Going to the pictures. I fancy a couple more camping rally's this year. I need another bike project; bobber or 2 stroker I think. I would like a classic car but that will wait a couple of years.

And And finally looking after my partner/girlfriend/significant other lady person.

Been drawing since I was 4y/o......& a CAD Drafter for the last 20 yrs, so when I'm not drawing pics like this......

Drawing001.jpg

I'm tearin' up the deep as I've also been a Skier since I was 4y/o :yeah: .....

Fresh_Powder.jpg

Hi All,

My hobbies include smoking, drinking whisky, reading and playing the guitar aside from the bikes that is.....

That CAD is awesome as is skiing. The latter i tried once and ended up in Perth Royal for the day!

I love building bikes, I mentor a young rock group for the past 3 years. enjoy scouting and the outdoors

done the karate thing (shotoryu based in Plymouth), done classic car thing

oh and I do amdram too. no time for anything else

Used to go round the classic car shows with my dad in this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/foden_djp/6845547721/

1961 mammoth major mk.V with 1964 trailer.

Now my hobbies are bass guitar, collecting music and cooking (latter is my job also). I like to travel, but thats an expensive hobby.

i forgot to say i love rock music... my horse comes first then the bikes.. we are restoring a few.... to many to do and i want them all done yesterday.. lol

You lucky sod, my sensie was a 5'10" wide animal who enjoyed making you suffer. Our chief instructor is a guy called dave hazzard, he was the England kata coach for a spell. Have you heard of him? O I remember the days when you'd get a noob in who thought he was the business........ they usually didn't come back after 1 class. :hah:

Na never heard of him, i will have to see if i can google him. Yer i have a Sensei that dose our grading who keeps us in sumo stance for about 5 mins just for a warm up followed by kicks and bunki. I managed to clop a tramp in the head with a well placed hook kick as he ran towards me with a rucksack one night, he had already taken out two white belts then he was running towards me and i terminated his ego.

I was thinking about getting into Aikido but i would have had to travel stupid miles just to do it so found a local karate dojo instead

When i get some spare time away from work i tend to just work on my portfolio/showreel. Generally taking CAD pictures like the one above and making 3D models of them, this is my most recent one in progress:

321110_10151350437045860_1859980464_n.jp

483950_10151350437050860_270480699_n.jpg

Wanting to get into racing enduros or rallies at some point too, need another dirt bike first!

Been drawing since I was 4y/o......& a CAD Drafter for the last 20 yrs, so when I'm not drawing pics like this......

Drawing001.jpg

Very nice Ryan.

I used to do a little CAD work. I did do some bike stuff for play. All I can find at the moment is an unfinished SLR650 that I used to own.

slrcad.jpg

I did plan to do some popular bikes and sell them in large format but haven't got around to that yet.

Guitar, music, alcohol, used to be into the RC scene but since starting work i havent found the time/dedication to fly the planes anymore, any there's still a RC monster truck in the back of my car which is seldom used any more :(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online