stopped smoking

bennyboy1
This post is 4047 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i started masterbating, but don't try it in the chemist, you'l get thrown out :biglaugha:

ha ha ha

Tried the nicotine patches, but couldn't get them to stay lit

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Like Realrayzor I used the pills... Chantix was the brand I used. Didn't work the first time I tried, but it did the second time. Have to admit I've had a few puffs during the time I've "quit" but I haven't purchased any for five years (if memory serves).

Just have to find what works best for you. :)

:luck:

i packed in for 9 months and put 3 stone on.... wass a right chubby which i didnt like at all.... i caved in after 9 months through boredom... the only positive was i lost the 3 stone i put on in a very short space of time....

gonna try again shortly though with help from the docs

I tried Champix too. After 3 weeks my girlfriend asked me to stop the tablets. She noticed changes in my behaviour and I must admit that during the course of taking Champix, I felt like a drone. Champix doesn't work for everyone and once you have a deeper look into the reported side effects of the tablets, I don't think that it's worth the risk. When I think about it now, I would never take drugs designed to alter my brain chemistry and my behaviour. But I didn't know the facts before I started. If it worked for you, great, but there are safer ways to quit smoking. After my Champix episode I discovered a ad about ecigs and I was desperate enough to quit smoking to give it a try. Now after 2 years of vaping instead of smoking, I feel great. People tend not to understand what vaping is, most think of vaping as a quit smoking aid. It is not. Vaping is a healthier alternative to smoking. That's why I still do it. I enjoy vaping as I "enjoyed" smoking. The benefit that vaping offers is that you can control your nicotine intake and slowly reduce the nic with time to kind of ween you of the nic addiction. AscI said before, the cigarette lookalikes you find in the petrol station are a waste of time and money. Rather invest around £20 for a decent personal vaporizer. Its just a pity that the public isn't made aware of vaping. There is too much money to be made by the big quit smoking companies from patches and whatever else. Some even claim vaping to be dangerous. Which is ridiculous if you look at the ingredients of eliquid used for vaping, compared to nic patches or sprays etc... My eliquid contains 3 to 4 ingredients. 1.8% nicotine, fruit extract for flavour and VG. VG is what you buy in tesco etc, to bake with. Ask anyone who cooks, they will know what it is... And that's it. Compare that to anything else on the market, the only thing that beats vaping is willpower. So the next time you see someone vaping, please don't call the bomb squad! Especially if your on the M6 on a bus.... LoL.

I tried patches, but where im a weirdo i have sensitive skin and they brought me out in a rash so had a fag instead lol.

Tried the spray which made my throat burn, so i had a fag instead.

bought a cheap E cig from Tesco and it did work brill till it rang out...........so i had a fag.

My partner still smoke and I have to admit, I still love the smell of a freshly lit cigarette. It just taste bad, but I love the smell...

stale smoke is horrible, but the aroma of freshly lit tobacco is enjoyable, i find...

I tried quitting at work a few times, but quite often i would be restless and irate, looking to start an argument for an excuse to go outside and have a tab, the E-cigs work but mine would never last a whole 12-hour shift :(

smokers smell orrible.

you are right in what you say !!!

what i started doing last night was washing things like jackets that i have not worn for a week or so as they are stinking of stale smoke

i never noticed it before

i am still stopped,,, had a couple of shaky moments but hanging in there especially now that i realise i was walking around like a " right smelly stinker "

i can now watch all the smokers at work standing outside in the pissing rain while i stay in the warm staff room..

so the incentive is now =

£200 quid extra a month

and not a smelly stinker

and dont get soaked at lunch time

What i did was use the money. The first couple of weeks dont let the missus nick it for anything silly like food or clothes for the kids.

Spend it on real stuff for you and the bike. I dont mean fuel either. I bought a complete new set of mc gear in the 6 months after quiting.

I started with a good pair of gloves. Ended up with leathers. Textile jacket summer and winter gloves. Boots and a new lid.

You can really see your savings and can give yourself targets. 7days of fags will get me those gloves. 14days will get me a decent jacket etc. Helped me through the cravings.

Have you noticed how you tend to have money in your wallet since quiting? I used to break a tenner every day! Now, I always seems to have a note on me.

I have tried stopping three times so far. First one with willpower....failed, next time with a course of patches.......failed, third time with the electric cigarettes (expensive kit not the cheap ones) again I failed. I found with the electronic one it just didn't 'taste' like a real one and I had to have a real one straight after! I may try the pills from the doctor next as this is the only option left now.

Your as anti smoking as i am then kev..... :-D

well i am now on day 6 with no fags

apart from a couple of dodgy moments i have managed to stay away from them

yesterday was a good day as i was behind a woman in the co-op and she was stinking of stale fags

then got to the front of the queue and looked at the price of them at the counter

and walked out of the shop with a grin on my face

firstly i do not smell like her and secondly never had to burst another tenner to get fags

HAPPY DAYS

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online