stopped smoking

bennyboy1
This post is 4047 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As above i have stopped smoking as of today.

figured out that i can spend £200 a month on better things,,

so here we go

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As above i have stopped smoking as of today.

figured out that i can spend £200 a month on better things,,

so here we go

Well done benny, I hope it works.

Well they say having a support group helps with quiting ,as well as having other things to keep you busy..sooooo buy another bike in need of some work, even if you just flip it for some extra cash when done.

Good luck

Good luck.

Just remember you will never quit. Its just longer between smokes. Its now 8 years since my last one.....

28 years for me , im now stink free? execpt for my stink wheeled stroker.

...and your tent

Haven't smoked since April 2011... been vaping instead...

If you want to try it, don't go for the ecig you find at a petrol garage... get something a little better for around £25 and you'll never smoke again.

I used to spend about £200 a month on cigs too, now I spend about £25 per month on eliquid!

I'm in the same boat as you Benny, im in the process of cutting down and getting my self an electric one to help the process, its now going to be the third time i try and kick it in and im more determined this time then ever.

Just remember the cravings only last about 10 mins so if you can take your mind off it for that first 10 then your be fine, also its the hard bit of braking the habit and routine

have been walking around with a pencil as a substitute fag since yesterday,

probably end up with lead poisoning !!!

anyway someone at work told me today to go to the chemist on the way home and get free patches ,,

so i did ,,

the pharmacist gives you a small interview and checks my carbon dioxide output on a wee machine

then gave me enough patches for 2 weeks.

so the idea is that i go back to see her in 2 weeks time and if all is ok i will get the lower dose patches for the next 2 weeks..

all free of course

do not know if you can get the same in england , as everyone gets free prescriptions here ( just because we are special )

so between the patch on my arm

my pencil substitute

and a bit of willpower,

time will tell

Well day 1 done hang in there,lucky you free patches but the chemical addiction is only half the battel.LOL take up kniting that will keep you hands busy.

If you want to pack them in go to your doctor, tell him you want to give up and he will put you on a course of tablets. I cant remember the name. You have to take them over about 3 weeks I think. They were the best thing I ever did, after years of trying this and that. They do something to your brain and make you not want to smoke so the craving is gone so all you have to work on is the phyical habit. They cost me about €100 but they made me pack them in after 18 years.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online