Testing my new Drift HD camera in low light...

TheSaffer
This post is 4121 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

http://youtu.be/lgy57tGFiq8 I recorded this in 1080p, so make sure to adjust your youtube settings if you have a fast connection. Since I had the guy with the van reversing into me, I thought I'll make use of my new camera. I must say that I am very impressed with the quality and the camera overall. You can look at more test videos on my youtube channel: R1Saffer for more test videos.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It looks like a very good quality picture. I was looking at buying one of there before Christmas. Still on my list at the moment.

Hi again.

The Drift HD 1080p is £150 - Comes with the helmet mounts. Flat and curved. Best of all, it has a remote.

The Drift HD 720p is £99 - Also comes with the above.

I'm going to get the Drift HD Ghost next month - £299 Bigger screen, little more battery, wifi and aparently they are releasing an app for iPhone and Android soon. I bought it from actioncameras.co.uk... If you use discount code: roadcraft10 you might still get a 10 persent discount. I found the code on youtube and it worked for me.

I mostly record in 720p, as it is very very clear and I am very happy with it. My previous setup was the DogCam Sport HQR2 DVR with the Sony HQ bullet camera. If you think that the bike kit cost me over 500 pounds, this little Drift camera is a bargain. So now I'm selling my HQR2 kit with all the wires etc on ebay.

I will post more videos on here when the weather is a bit better, should be a great way to test the colour etc at 1080p.

I have read the same thing. They say there is a firmware update that you can download from driftinovation.com ...

This was taken in direct winter sun...Skip to 2:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYYSH1gA_H4

One thing to note: The camera has two settings. Low Light and Sunny. This video was filmed with the camera in Low Light mode, so I think it will look pretty good on the right setting.

Hi again,

Yes, you can adjust the mic. This is only my test videos. So each one has a different mic gain setting.

I might have to fork out the extra £15 for the external mic, but I'm not too concerned about sound.