XV 125 Virago - Vacuum issue

Kelum
This post is 3955 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said earlier that you bought a reconditioned manifold. Have you still got the old one that fits properly?

Id be inclined to put that back on and try it, see if it makes a difference

Yes it is a reconditioned, better than the earlier one...one which came fitted had the "gap" issue and the forceful fitting had splitted the carb joint, yet it worked still..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys...I increased the hole size to match that of the manifold...fitted everything and set petcock to PRI and cranked..pulled the choke also but didnt start....:(

After leaving some time at PRI, upon pulling choke she started, then I set the idle screw somewhat higher, she was starting ok, then I left her for few hours and tried to start now...its night now and the temperature is low...she doesnt start now :(

After leaving some time at PRI, upon pulling choke she started, then I set the idle screw somewhat higher, she was starting ok, then I left her for few hours and tried to start now...its night now and the temperature is low...she doesnt start now :(

After starting the bike earlier, did you move the petcock switch off PRI when you switched off?

After starting the bike earlier, did you move the petcock switch off PRI when you switched off?

yep I did....what makes her doesnt start on and off...?

The vac line to the petcock needs to fit tight no cracks ,if thats good, then the diaphram in the petcock is no good. You can check it by removing the fuel line at the tank and put it in res or on then put a hose to the small nipple and suck on it if no gas flow out then its no good

Put it back on pri and start the bike if it runs that way then run it like that using on or off to stop gas flow when not running,untill you can get the new diaphram or another petcock with just a simlpel on off res none diaphram style

Hi Guys..after refitting the manifold with spacer holes matched to the size that of manifold she's starting ok both at PRI and ON...I tested it after 5 days of fitting today and started fine...thank you all for the support..:)

Finaly some good news for you glad we could help

• 3 months later...

Problem is still there...I replaced the old carb with another disassembled one and bought another used manifold...

She tries to start..but doesnt hold on...still the idle screw setup is confusing....Like

dt502001 told, idle screw should be the issue?

Removed air filter and cranked to see if its the cause. NO

What if the float chamber does not get adequate fuel level to immerse jets in gas so the jets cannot suck in?

I feel suicidal...it has been more than 1 year now, still struggling with this stupid bike..