Has anyone noticed?

Ryan09
This post is 4111 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Iv recently had to renew my insurance and as usual went on on the price comparison sites to see whats about. My cheapest quote from them all was around £220.00 which I thought was okay but was about the same amount that I had paid the previous year. I then went direct to Bennetts and filled out a quote with all the same details and it came back at £125.00!

Soo has anyone else noticed that it seems to be worth while going around insurers sites and seeing what they can offer instead of the price comparison sites? It seems to have saved me a fair bit of money as Bennetts wanted around £250.00 on comparethemarket. It seems insurers are either taking advantage of people being a bit lazy or the comparison sites are earning more than I first thought!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yep had the same thing happen last year got quoted on line @900.00 called my broker same company got ins.for 601.00.

I don't think the on line site can add in all the discounts ie driver traing,years exp,ticket free ,distance to work.Or as you suggested they are just grabing $$$ from thoes who don't shop around.

• 2 weeks later...

Good point Ryan09, I tend to think they do rely on our laziness in order to make more profit!

Here's the thing too, I insured online and after all the usual Q's and A's....I checked my policy and was confused to learn that I'm only insured for overnight theft if the bike is kept in the secured garage pertaining to the post code I provided. Needless to say, I really do have to give them a phone (holidays etc,)

Always prudent to double check everything....

I have never used a comparison site, ever.

I always go around individually, compare that to their online quotes and then play them off each other. Carole Nash always beat the next best price by a good £100 for me. Always!

i have to wonder what my insurance would be if i didnt use comparison sites lol..
with how every one is talking now and my current quotes.. i think id end up being paid to take insurance lol..

if i was able to get a quote for a £100 less.. that would make them pay me lol...
I think my post code makes the biggest diference though.

My present insurer sent me a renewal notice with a £100 increase on what I paid last year, got few quotes, Carole Nash came in at less than I paid last year, for both bikes.

I fail to understand the logic behind vastly increased premiums without any justification, it just loses them business

I was the same, my renewal was around £100 more as well, done a bit of searching around and ended up with the same company but over £100 cheaper than the year before! That means they were trying to charge me £200 more than what I am now paying!!

just got the renewal through for the wifes car

it has gone down about £50 from last year,, but i used a comparison site and found i could get the same cover of

insurance with quite a few companies for half of the amount that they were wanting to charge me..

so phoned up present company to tell them to cancel my direct debit at the end of the month as i would not be renewing my policy with them and told him why,, he then said that he could match the quote that i had got online ????????

so if i had just let the renewal go through without checking i would be paying £240 more a year than i need to

even more puzzling,, my present company wanted even more than my renewal price when i used their site online for a quote ????

there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to insurance prices

except they are trying to rip everybody off

:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

no reason for all the emoticons i just think the little tantrum one is great just like a small child wanting sweets :spin2:

I just had my renewal for £220 but after a bit of shopping around £132.00 was offered so it only shows what an hour out of my day will do.