2 Bikes For Sale/ Advice very welcome

davie6711

Hi Everyone,

I'm Davie from near Glasgow. I work at a Toyota garage selling cars, (Boo Hiss I here you all shout)!

I have a customer who's just hit 80 and decided to give up his bikes and bought a scooter instead....400cc Suzuki??

Anyway, in his garage he has a 1998 Yamaha 600 naked Diversion in red with 12,000 miles and...

a 1978 Yamaha 250 US Custom, XS250??, which he has owned for 28 years!

Last time I saw them was 3 years ago and they both looked pretty mint. The 250 even has a chrome tank!

Both bikes have not been touched for about a year I reckon so would require some fettling.

Any ideas of value???

He's a great guy and would really like to help and also REALLY like to avoid ebay etc so

best advice please!

I can't help with prices but put a few photos up on the forum and ask for offers. The Divi is common but a minter may have a bit of interest. The XS would be ripe to bobber but someone may want it as part of their collection.

I have just torn what's left of my hair out trying to upload a pic of my own but canny get photobucket to move them.

The old boy's coming to see me tomorrow so have asked him to bring some photo's and i'll try to upload them and again any advice would be welcome.

There is a slight glitch with uploading photos at the moment. Perseverance is required.

Photos might drum up a little interest.

I would fancy the custom myself had I not been so lanky and it's so small but it looked pretty cool with the chrome tank! And the fact that he's owned it soooo long!

No-one have any ideas of the value of either?

Hiya,

I'm in Helensburgh just west of Glasgow.

He brought some photo's today which i'll try to upload in a minute and some information on both the bikes....

The Divvi's MOT expired 27/09/2012, 19,722 miles, has a new stainless 4-1, rear carrier, engine bars and a fly screen. It's pretty clean with a crack in the side panel and a smaller one at the grab handle.

The Custom he's had since January 1985 and the last MOT expired 06/09/2006 and he tells me it needs the carbs cleaned but it is really clean and the chrome tank gives it a kind of BSA look. He tells me it has a Motad 2-1, electronic ignition and is mainly original apart from front mudguard, exhaust, seat cover and front brake hoses.

I haven't personally seen these bikes for a couple of years but he keeps all his toys in really nice condition and they live in a heated garage. I am so jealous!

I meant to add that the custom has loads of spares including a complete engine.

Hope this info helps,

Davie

Hey thanks drewpy.

He's a great guy and am just trying to help him out.

If anyone's interested just get in touch or else it'll need to be Gumtree or eBay. He's really keen to find someone who's really into the XS250 in particular.

Sentimentality eh?