DT 125r cylinder/head swap over

DTDan
This post is 4090 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, i've just joined here after recently buying a dt125r (1998) and was wondering if the dt 200 cylinder and head assembly would bolt

straight on the 125 crank cases, has anyone done this before and would it be possible to use the standard 125 conrod with the 200

cylinder and piston.

Cheers in advance. Dan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Think some of the extra cc comes from stroking the crank. You already have the best option.

Give it a try and see. Once the top ends are on the bench its just a case of measuring up.

I'm pretty sure it will. I know of someone who has fitted the 3xp ( wr200) head and barrel onto a dt125r bottom end. They rebuilt with different crank though. Would be pretty easy to measure a dt125r cylinder and compare sizses to your one. If you need the measurements of a dtr cylinder/ head let me know and i can sort that out for you.

Is this from a 3ET bike then?

Thanks for the comments guys, found some time to get out in the shed and have a close look at the two cylinders tonight, it appears they are completly different the 125 has no provision for the reed block where as the 200 does - im thinking it must be off an earlier bike and as i was given it years back and told it was off an dt200 thats all i have to go on !

Which brings me round to thinking would it be possible to remove the bore liner from the 125 cylinder and have the cylinder its self machined out larger to fit a bigger liner ?? Has anyone tried this before ??

Cheers folks. Dan

The 125 has crancase induction, It's a more modern way ;)

Introduced in 1987 :-D:-D:-D

What o/size is the 200 barrel.

I feel a plan coming on......

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online