how many chinese 125's on ebay??

kenDAWG
This post is 4005 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

jesus im looking through the 125's on ebay, rather than typing in a make/model i just put the cc in see if anything catches my eye and all i can see is chinese tosh.....

i know when there cheap there decent for a laugh or cheap hack but there going for £k's - there is gonna be young lads out there 17yrs old who dont know any better buying a bike because it looks cool only to find the bolts are made of a metal/cheese mixture.

there should be a chinese shit filter on ebay defo.. anyone bought one of these p.o.s??

like a hyosung - sounds like chinese sauce to me lol

ken

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I was always told to stay well clear from Itchyfanny's

• Like 1

you all sound like the brit bikers in the 60's when the Japs first brought their machines over :babyha:

you all sound like the brit bikers in the 60's when the Japs first brought their machines over :babyha:
I doubt the 60's Jap bikes disintegrated in the rain though lol. Young lads just see a cheap brand new bike and jump straight in. Also they have a 3 year warranty, so they can't see the problem with Chinese bikes. They soon find out though when they can't even take it back to the dealers to be repaired because it has corroded away and snapped into tiny little pieces.

unfortunatly for me i wasnt around then, but i bet the japs stuff back then is better than the chink shit now... ive been on a few and still laugh at me mates who have the chinese road legal quads - one of the other lads has just dropped £2.5k on a can-am monster of a quad and that mainly gets used for towing the chinese shit back to the roadside to get picked up lol

but i bet the japs stuff back then is better than the chink shit now...

You're probably not far wrong there, my '89 XJ600 never put a foot wrong apart from popping its regulator once, yet if i was to have had a Hyosung GT or something of that ilk no doubt i would have spent many a night at the roadside waiting for a wrecker

Jap bikes won back then because they were faster more reliable, didn't leak oil, shake bits loose or burst fork seals every 100 yards. Admittedly the Jap bikes had issues. The tyres were made of bakerlite (they never wore out but never gripped anything either), some of the big bike frames were not up to the job and caused enough worry at speed to cause the dirtying of underwear and lastly the brakes never worked in the wet to the point that they actually said as much on stickers stuck to the forks.

Chinese bikes on the other hand are just badly made and the metal is so thin that It resembles the thickness of cooking foil. As an example, how can you make a clone of a Honda CG125 - a bike that has been around for decades, is known for its resilience & reliability and has been abused by more learners than anyone can wave a stick at - and make it crap?

In the 1960s the first Hondas and Yams plus the odd Kwaka were pretty rare and being a brit bike rider at the time they were like the star ship Enterprise in comparison, they had electric starters lights that actually worked and wiring that had not been made out of what was cheapest and could be fobbed off on to brit bikers, I switched from a Bonnerville to a Honda and never looked back, don't be fooled by these people who say brit is best just try starting a bonny at 2 in the morning and then do the same thing with a Honda, I guarantee that if you want to get to work on time that the Honda would get you there and back with no fuss while the bloke with the Bonny is still kicking the bastard thing to get it to start. Yes I'm one of the old farts that actually used these things when that was all there was to be had and we couldn't get rid of them quick enough. Give me a choice between my old Bonny and my XJ and the XJ would win every time.

I admit its a different kettle of fish, but give it time and they'll crack it.

another emerging bike/car manufacturer is India!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would rather buy a chinese bike than

AN APRILIA

bought an aprilia 125 ( f1 ) 2 years ago after wanting one for about 20 years !!

I searched for the best example i could find

unreliable italian s**t

I even taught my wife how to tow my trailer so she could come and get me as it happened that bloody often !!

sold it to a guy who had 5 of them in his garage ( all in bits ) what does that tell you ??

the chinese ones may rust away quickly but they all have the same wee engine which will just keep on going and going

Keep on going? You havin a laugh??? I've owned 3 I have friends who own them!!!!

Guess how many of them are on the road?

5 bikes out on Sunday, 2 Japanese yamaha's 1 Canadian can-am 2 chinese bikes-guess which ones left on a trailer??? Yep the 2 chinky bikes after 2 hrs leas than 1 year old not to mention the 2 quadzillas that where supposed to turn up "currently parked up" 1 needs a new engine and the other needs the rear end sorting some kinda welding needed and lights.

I would trust my money in an aprilia over any chinese copy rubbish-why copy??? If there more reliable than aprilia why don't they make 33hp 2 strokes?

Just my little rant because mugins here had to sort the 2 chinese bikes put yesterday rather than riding my dt-they have been told, bring the chinese shit again bring your own tools and a trailer cos I'm busy riding a well made bike

Ken

• 2 months later...

Iv got a chineese coppy of the monkey bikes and whilst its funny as hell to ride i carry a back pack full of tools to replace repair or carry the bits that fall off.

Mines a skyteam witch is one of the better coppies (propper weldind and a decent frame)

The engines not bad but everything else is dogsheet.