"Not allowed to use that image extension on this fourm"

flyday58
This post is 4119 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

What extension? It's the same photobucket extension I always use. If I preview the post first, then I can post it, but if I try to post without previewing I get this error. All photos have extension 'jpg' on photobucket but also have 'IMG" at the beginning and end of the string. Don't know if that is a problem or not. Maybe the site is just getting wanky toward the end of the year? :smash:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
What extension? It's the same photobucket extension I always use. If I preview the post first, then I can post it, but if I try to post without previewing I get this error. All photos have extension 'jpg' on photobucket but also have 'IMG" at the beginning and end of the string. Don't know if that is a problem or not. Maybe the site is just getting wanky toward the end of the year? :smash:

I've recently got a new laptop with Windows 8 on it and have been getting the same error message about the image extension. and I use imageshack. Maybe it's a Windows 8 or IE 10 compatability issue?

This tends to happen when the link to the image is coded. If you look at the link there will normally be a series of alphanumeric characters however, no .jpg (.bmp etc). This can be for a number of reasons such as; to stop hotlinking of pictures or; auto coded to generate a thumbnail of the picture.

You can normally get over this by bringing the image up on screen and then right clicking to get the image location. Always look for a picture extension at the end of the links so things like:

.jpg

.bmp

.png

.gif

Plus loads more but these should work.

If inserting an image using the old laptop and imageshack no problem (Vista), inserting an image using new laptop and imageshack, there's a problem (Windows 8)

Very strange. I know that there are issues with some mobile devices at the moment. I will link this to the mobile issues as see if something has changed to create this problem.

I also have issue linking to my photobucket.

even manual image tags are sometimes rejected. If i ignore the issue it sometimes accepts and posts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online