Hello from Wiltshire

theskrebs
This post is 4079 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys.

The name is Tony. I'm a 'mature' rider - not born again though. Been riding since I was 16 - many years ago. Got a YBR 125 a while ago for my son to learn on. He's since passed his test and moved on to a 2005 Fazer. The YBR is now in regular use as a commuter/hack. It keeps my Suzuki (OK, I know) in good condition.

The YBR is also being used to teach son basic maintenance and mechanical skills. In the stable we also have YZ 80 (daughter) and YZ 125 (son).

Hope you all had a good Christmas!

Regards, Tony

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello and :welcome: aboard!

• 4 weeks later...

Well..... Since I said "Hello", scum came in the night with bolt croppers and took the Yz's. Both bikes had been prepped for the new season. The 80 had a complete engine rebuild. Bore, piston, rings, big end, main bearings, crank balance, reeds - even new suspension!

To say I'm gutted would be putting it mildly. In the old days, they used to hang horse thieves. Its a tradition I'd be happy to see re-instated.

Anybody want to buy some MX gear?

Tony

Dirty bastards" well i blame Facebook , does you lads use it? i"v stopped posting anthin on there, :eusa_snooty: as scum , or freinds of nosey fuckers can pass on details ,of holidays etc,

Damn! That's shit luck. Typical it wouldn't be when the bikes are out of commission. Any chance they'll be able to find the bikes? I'd second the motion to hang bike thieves. :madflame:

Police response was typical. Issued a crime reference number and goodbye. They're not interested. There's as much chance of getting the bikes back, as Barrack Obama hosting a KKK meeting!

My kids worked hard, in off school time to help fund those bikes. Now some bone idle scum has got the benefit of their hard work - and got away with it!

What sort of message does that give to youngsters? Work hard for what you want - or just steal someone else's?

I'm tempted to buy a shotgun. I can claim its for controlling vermin..... true in a case like this.

Sounds like the cops around here. They were pretty much useless when someone tried to break into our house, but the second my husband said something about shooting the creeps, the cop's ears perked right up and he was interested in us! Not interested in increasing the police presence around our neighborhood, just interested in who we are and why we'd have any guns. :shakeno:

shocking.....

you know i know people who do this kinda shit i got locked out of my house once and one of these retards who is a friend of a friend got into my house via an upsairs window without causing any damage.... i was so fucking shocked how easy it can be done he went for the upstairs window to show his skills off!

i hope they get caught but chances are slim my firend

ken

Not covered by insurance. There's very little paperwork to prove ownership, no registration, easy picking.

All you need is a van, bolt croppers and portable grinder.

You get beer, hash - whatever, off the back of someone trying to work for a living.

Death sentence - slow and painful....

there fuckin parasites!!!! we all know people who this has happened to we all have storys we could tell pal but i am sorry for you especialy with no insurance coverage that sucks

ken

I've had a look round some web sites, spoken to a few mates. Like kenDAWG says, there are lots of stories out there like this one. Not just in this country, but all over the world. The official response seems to be the same, " Sorry to hear about your loss, but there's little we can do".

But what about us? We hear another sad tale, then go off to the shed to make sure our pride and joy is still there. Smile at the sight of gleaming metal, then lock and bolt the door as we leave. I'm good, no problem here. Then someone comes in the night and grinds the doors off their hinges, or puts a hole in the roof...... they manage to carry bikes through obstacle courses that would defy the military, without leaving a mark on anything else. These kind of tales are all on the net. It happens!

Is your bike still there this morning? Are you sure?

The officials don't want to know. Maybe they're happy to discourage bike ownership, who knows? So, is the answer to the problem in our hands?

Is it in our interest to do something about this? Do we just keep a low profile and hope it doesn't happen to us? Is there anything WE can do about this situation?

Maybe its time to start a new thread...

Follow 'Stolen bikes - started by theskrebs' in the Bar

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online