<--- new dude here

SecaScott
This post is 6801 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone. hailing from Milwaukee, WI in the states. i just picked up a '92 Seca II yesterday. it sure isnt the quickest thing on 2 wheels but is pretty fun to ride, and i dont need to go that fast anyways!

just wanted to pop in and say hi. and i'll try to get some pics up in a bit.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the Forum Scott........your username caught my eye.....as my name is also Scott & I used to ride this everyday for 13 years......

MySeca.jpg

Also had one of these mixed in there in that time.......

Seca400.jpg

Another coincidence is that I also reside in Milwaukie.......OREGON that is! ;)

BTW...Seca2's are a great everyday ride!......I'd still like to own one. B)

Welcome to the Forum Scott........your username caught my eye.....as my name is also Scott & I used to ride this everyday for 13 years......

MySeca.jpg

Also had one of these mixed in there in that time.......

Seca400.jpg

Another coincidence is that I also reside in Milwaukie.......OREGON that is! ;)

BTW...Seca2's are a great everyday ride!......I'd still like to own one. B)

haha, thats pretty funny another scott from milwaukie, i got about 50 miles on the bike since i bought it and im lovin it so far, the front fairing has a crack in it but im goin to ride it thru the end of the season, and then fix it over winter. or find a new one :)

just snapped a few pics.

IMG_1913.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

know of any good mods for the bike off hand? :P

Hi there Scott x 2 :D

Sorry to sound dumb but there are two places called Milwaukie? Scott's in Oregon I know , but where is WI where the other Scott lives? When I saw the location I thought you must be neighbours!

Anyway, as Scott (Oregon) knows I recently bought the same bike but the UK version which is known here as the Diversion. It's even a '92 as well!

Diversion%202%2022-05-05.JPG

I hope you have as much pleasure from yours as I have had from mine so far.

Andy

haha, yep, there are atleast 2 milwaukee's (spelled differently of course) he is out on the west coast of the states, in the midwest as so.....

map.jpg

im lovin the bike so far, only put like 15 miles on today to and from work tho. gotta go put some more on :D

is that a mount for a trunk of some sort on the back of yours? are those things universal? i need some way to transport a bowling ball on the bike. (i love bowling! after all, milwaukee, wi = bowling :P ) i was thinkin of just getting some kind of racheting straps to hold the bowling bag on. its probably 18-19lbs (8-9kg)

know of any good mods for the bike off hand? :P

Steel-Braided brake lines for starters........V&H also makes a decent 4 into 1 pipe for 'em ;)

BTW......Nice Ride Dude!.......I'm kinda partial to RED frames :D as you can see from my other current ride @ the moment.....

MyDaytona.jpg

Lord above Scott, is that one of them there strokers :D ? LOL!!!

Hi guys. Thanks for the map, now I get it. I guess Milwaukee, WI is the one that Rod Stewart sang about, "What made Milwaukee famous made a loser out of me...", and I think was also home to the Fonz and Happy Days?

Anyway, the fixure you ask about was on the bike when I bought it and is actually a Givi rack, though I don't know how model specific they are. The box I bought to go on it (got a good deal, but I wanted one anyway ;) ) is a Givi 'Monokey' item. With one key the box can be locked on to the rack (the rack has lugs onto which the box locates) opened in position or removed and carried like a suitcase. I find it a brilliant piece of kit, it's big enough to hold two full face helmets so might be the sort of thing you want?

Divvy%202%2010-08-05.JPG

Divvy%201%2010-08-05.JPG

Hope these pics might be of interest.

Andy

Steel-Braided brake lines for starters........V&H also makes a decent 4 into 1 pipe for 'em ;)

BTW......Nice Ride Dude!.......I'm kinda partial to RED frames :D  as you can see from my other current ride @ the moment.....

MyDaytona.jpg

heh, thanks! the black on red color scheme pretty much sold me on the bike. i contemplated a 4-1 exhaust.. but since the pipes are black i kinda dig it :)

Andy.... your 100% correct.. the Fonz is from MY milwaukee, haha, and i've been to the diner they hung out at! :o thanks for the info on the Givi stuff. i'll check it out, and if they dont sell in the us, maybe i can get a better idea of what stuff is available. thanks! i like the fact you can remove it and carry suitcase style. B)

Whoops! Another thing I only just thought of is this link to a Diversion Owners site.

It's not the most exciting of forum's but you might find some interesting reading in there.

Bikers Oracle?

I went down to the village this evening to buy some milk and realised just why Scott (Oregon, lol) rates these bikes so highly as daily drivers. A dull job made a lot more fun with none of the effort required by more demanding motorcycles.

Cheers.

Andy

Whoops!  Another thing I only just thought of is this link to a Diversion Owners site.

It's not the most exciting of forum's but you might find some interesting reading in there.

Bikers Oracle?

I went down to the village this evening to buy some milk and realised just why Scott (Oregon, lol) rates these bikes so highly as daily drivers.  A dull job made a lot more fun with none of the effort required by more demanding motorcycles.

Cheers.

Andy

cool, any link with info on these bikes is definatly greatly appreciated,

i decided to bypass the topcase idea and go with the good o'l tie down straps to hold my bowling ball to my bike.. they were only $5 at the store, and they work great!

cheers!

I went down to the village this evening to buy some milk and realised just why Scott (Oregon, lol) rates these bikes so highly as daily drivers.  A dull job made a lot more fun with none of the effort required by more demanding motorcycles.

EXACTLY! my friend.....I miss my Seca550 sometimes :( .......but my Seca400 was Awesome for chores just like that B) ........I used to be able to get 3 full bags of groceries on the little wonder ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online