Aerox won't start after overheating

dan234343
This post is 4111 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Wednesday night I was riding home from work and the temperature light came on, I rode it anyway and it cut out, so I then waited for it to cool and rode at about 10mph on the way back.

Got home and chucked a load of water on it and it all steamed up. Found out I had a coolant leak and so I whacked some water in and you could literally here the engine cool.

I tryed starting about 20 minutes later and it seemed fine so I took it on a 10 minute ride then locked it up in my garage

That night the temp went to -1 c and when I tryed starting I eventually ran down my battery and I was trying kick start for about half hour.

This morning I put a blanket over it overnight but still won't start.

I try kick starting and the headlights will turn on for a second as if its coming on but then they will go off along with the bike.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong?!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

maybe you threw water on some electrics try some WD40 especially on the ignition coil, plug cap and HT lead

I bet you didnt put ant-freeze in either.?

Perhaps the initial overheat was down to coolant loss...maybe a head gasket gone?...anybodys guess really!

• 2 weeks later...