dt 125 engine numbers?

ahaywood93
This post is 1866 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

A dt50 with a working powervalve and servo? Although I get where ya coming from Dirty, as I get it to be a 92 dt50mx but the engine looks a 125 dtr especially with the powervalve and servo, somethings amiss methinks.

The numbers you say that are stamped on the engine deffo come up as a 92 dt50mx, but looking at the engine I'd say it was a 125 engine as as far as I know there wasn't a powervalve on the 50 engine, the only think I'm not sure of is the head in the background doesn't look like a 125 head, the 3BN on the head would make it a 125 barrell.

Summat not quite right if you ask me.

Standard is 56mm IIRC, 55.94 to be exact

Also where I've highlighted it should say 3MB or 3BN, and 124cc, looks like thats been erased to me

1355395878086.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A dt50 with a working powervalve and servo? Although I get where ya coming from Dirty, as I get it to be a 92 dt50mx........

Just working from the 5m6 number Nev. Someone in the past may have stamped the engine with a DT50 number in case they got stopped by the police.

I concur with the 3BN on the engine - 1988 DT125 (France).

Someone in the past may have stamped the engine with a DT50 number in case they got stopped by the police.

I concur with the 3BN on the engine - 1988 DT125 (France).

Yes I'd conclude with that Mr Holmes.

Also where I've highlighted it should say 3MB or 3BN, and 124cc, looks like thats been erased to me

1355395878086.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

were you highlighted ive just went and looked it actully has 49 cc stamped but it looks like it has been done by sombody else the sizes of the piston are 125cc piston sizes

Boooyackkkashaaa, its a ringer innit bruv

Another 50cc engine wouldn't go amiss, providing its in a DT50MX frame, which I very much doubt, and I really dont like the look of that head, theres no squish band, looks like its been skimmed to buggery, what do the VIN/serial numbers on the headstock come up as? as that'll more than likely be what its registered as.

Its a real dead ringer for love............................It should be fun to insure.

Have you got a V5 with the right frame number on it?

So where did they put the rad?

Can you imagine how much vaseline will be needed if caught using this as a '50'.

You would get buggered from all directions. Might be fun if done to a legal bike, with a legal motor.

You may have the v5 but with all the spurious grinding and stamping on that engine a nosey plod may sieze it for..

'further investigation'

You will need 125 equivalent braking for the insurance man too. The stock dt stuff has a hard enough time stopping a 50. As to it all fitting thats no shocker to anybody who has played with old yam 2strokes. The cases have hardly changed, maybe some brackets here and there.

Be ineresting project but i would be looking for another motor if your serious about using it. Esp if you want it on the road.

This post is 1866 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.