gps for green laining?

kenDAWG
This post is 4123 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

looking into buying some kinda gps for green lainging, there is going to be a few of us but no one has a gps so im wanting to invest as where we are going is unknown lol..

i do have an iphone 3gs and i know i can get some kinda software for it but the signal on mine is crap-really bad to a point where ill be switching networks when contract runs out.

seriously if you have ever known or used of a cheapish gps hit me up

cheers

ken

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The best bit about green laneing is the pure fact that you have no idea where you are or where you are going, just get your self a good old map of your area and pick a spot, then just ride there and have some laughs. your never get lost as all you need to do is find the nearest population complex and read the road signs or get to a pub for some pork scratchins and directions ;)

My idea of green laining is definitely for an adventure but if anything was to happen I would like to be able to point out my location and I have never had anything to do with maps and with today's technology I would use a map as backup to a GPS...

I'm hoping to do some serious mileage in the summer so want to get prepared!

Cheers

Ken

I never use a GPS they do my head in so its maps all the way for me, once you get the hang of it they are easy. Hey i even managed to get a Domino's pizza delivered to the middle of Salisbury plain when i was serving HM just by using a 6 figure Grid ref. It was quite a funny convo over the phone lol

You need to look for basic GPS not SatNav.

My phone, a Nokia 5230 has built in GPS, it does have SatNav for driving but it also has a basic map function where it just pinpoints where you are on a map.

Maybe try the walking or hiking sites for something.

• Like 1

Check out the Garmin 12xl bit rudimentry but good for what you need, any phone/gps has bad reception for when under trees, and down here its 60% that on our greenlanes.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online