Dt 125r Blowing spark plugs

Phil Carlsen
This post is 4129 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, I have a really annoying (and expensive) problem,

My bike keeps killing plugs, If i put a new plug in it will start first kick and run perfectly

all day with no problems at all but as soon as i go to start it the following day it will start up,

idle then as i put revs on it will bork then die (killing plug).

The spark plugs are black when i take them out,

Could this be caused by the air mix screw on the carb running too rich??

Any help will be much appreciated Thanks :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Black soot on the plug is carbon, which will short the electrode out. Your problem is more to do with fuel mixture more then the plugs.

As mentioned above, cleaning the plug will restore it but you need to get to the real cause of the problem and check the carburation.

Hmm thets a new one, you may be able to revive the plugs on the cooker gas ring and a fine wire brush...as for whats causing it? clean air filter? jet size? you do know how to use the choke... haha?

haha yeah i know how to use the choke :P

Black soot on the plug is carbon, which will short the electrode out. Your problem is more to do with fuel mixture more then the plugs.

As mentioned above, cleaning the plug will restore it but you need to get to the real cause of the problem and check the carburation.

Yeah as i first thought, i have just noticed that the air screw on the carb is turned right in

and the head isn't on it for me to screw back out :'( Is that most likely the cause of my problem??

Either way i'll have a look see at the jets ect

Thanks

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online