XJ6N FUEL CONSUMPTION

hippyracer
This post is 4150 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi. Just bought a 2009 Yamaha XJ6N.Can anyone tell me how many miles I can get out of a full tank riding in central London. filled it up....only done 30 miles and already two bars have gone out on digital fuel gauge. Any help will be much appreciated. Cheers guys

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

On my 600 divvy it could be anything fro 40mpg to 75mpg depending on conditions.

If I start the bike up in the summer and go for a 70 mile ride I will be in the upper region.

If the weather is like it is now, I need to warm the bike up first for five minutes, ride six miles to work, then the fuel consumption will be in the lower region.

Hope this helps.

Mike

I don't know if your bike has a fuel guage, but I tend to look at miles. i.e. in the summer I refuel at 100 miles on the clock, but in the winter I refuel at 80 miles on the clock.

hippyracer

Can't help you there, my xjr1200 gets about 140miles on a tank before I start to panic. Your 600 should get double that then no.................... :shakeno::crazy:

Anyway, I have to say you've picked a fantastic avatar....Has to be one of my favourite films of all time

Thanks for your help mike1949 and jimmy....much appreciated.

The tank on the XJ6 is 17litres (you can squeeze a little more in if you fill have a centre-stand and you fill it on that). The bike will go to 'reserve', a flashing filler at around 4 litres left- 13 litres used. Around town an XJ6 will get 45mpg ridden 'normally'. The gauge is not really linear, so don't worry if two bars disappear quick. Both of the XJ6s I had [an 09 and a 10my] got between 40 and 70mpg deending on riding style/conditions.

I got 43mpg this week, bearing in mind how cold it was. I've had to warm it up for five minutes about 06:30 when the temp was about zero, then ride only 6 miles to work, let it idle for 5/10 minutes when I got there to get rid of the mayo. One thing that does help though is that I've covered the oil coiler with silver foil.