It's that time. Who is putting their bikes away?

j0hn
This post is 4102 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I applied some of that Tyre-Grip stuff and I can definitely notice better traction. One of the more difficult parts of my commute is actually coming out of the driveway and crossing the frozen footpath. I used to notice slight rear wheel skids before but after applying Tyre-Grip, I didn't feel any skidding. Though I don't know if this is because of some placebo effect. I was also able to go around 57mph riding up an inclined section of a motorway which usually max around 45 - 50 mph. I guess I'll know how good they really are when I come across more ice ahead.

• 4 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just seen this thread and I can say I have riden my bike threw all the bad weather and it was ok a few scary moments but stayed on threw the bad times . The only bad thing was my hands would be nearly blue by the time I got to work lol and I had a great time in the snow going sideways along the street was along my back street was fun when I got used to it but most of all enjoyed taking the hit and miss out of the fair wearer riders LOL

mine was put on the road the otherday, took her out last night for a couple of hours started to spit down with what looked like sleet and low and behold i locked up on a bend and ended up in a hedge bike not marked only my underpants.....

i need a decent front tyre its absolute tosh

• Like 1

mine was put on the road the otherday, took her out last night for a couple of hours started to spit down with what looked like sleet and low and behold i locked up on a bend and ended up in a hedge bike not marked only my underpants..... i need a decent front tyre its absolute tosh[/quote Hope you are ok mate I had no bother with my crappy tires but I'm going to put some pilot sportys on as I hear good things about them very soon

im fine i kinda rode the bike 5 meters with my face in the hedge then ended up hanging off the bike in the middle of road just the normal comedy sketch stuff lol

i have the catspaw tyre on the back but the front is naff so when i locked the rear i went for a little front braking but there was nothing there

• Like 1