1989 fz600 full fairing for £1k?

kenDAWG
This post is 4124 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

a work friend of mine has a full fairing yam fz1989 with less than 8k dry miles, seen pictures of it and its totaly original and has been dry stored since 1995 covered in a sheet in a lockup on a farm.

now the person who runs the farm has sold up he has no space for the bike so its been offered to me for £1k...

does anyone know anything about these bikes? are they good? £1k a good investment?

he has told me it needs a new battery and a good service.

been sorn since 1995 i cant even belive he kept it for so long and the condidtion is immaculate.

any advice welocme

cheers

ken

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It depends how much it's worth to you. A £1k seems a lot for a bike without tax and test,but I haven't seen the condition. If you want it and have the cash, get it. Seems a bit over priced to me for an 89 model. I'm sure you can negotiate a better price.

• Like 1

the bike is in immaculate condition, no mods all original apart from tyres never seen a wet road and always dry stored under a sheet...

i dont know i think it could be worth a punt myself like!

ken

It sounds like it's worth it,if it's all mint and will sail through an M.O.T. then it has to be worth a sale. If you have the spare cash do it. It could even become a collectable.

You will probably regret it, if you don't

is it def an FZ? or FZR steel as opposed to alloy framed.

£1k is at the top end of the FZ range, it would have to be MOT'd and running sweet for that.

I would offer him £500 and get to £800 if your confdent in cleaning carbs. That's if the bike hasn't been running for a while.

there's an article in December's Practicle sports bike on the FZ and they promote an 80's race foemulae which the top 10 bikes are FZ's

• Like 1

its defo a fz600 pictures of the bike look very good...

he is going to pick it up tomorrow and fetch it home, ill try get some good pictures off him and see if i can have a look at it in person - now i got to see if i can find the £!!!

if its as good as it looks and sounds ill be trying my best to get my hands on it...

i havent bought it, he was supposed to be borrowing my trailor to pick it up but he used someone else's so i havent seen it yet!

im not sure about this now as he let slip that he found dog biscuits behind some plastics so it sounds like mice have been using it as home the thick twat didnt realise what they where off until i said it could be mice storing food lol.

im still interested but i'll be knocking the price down a little me thinks

ken

Make sure you wash all the mice piss/crap out before you start working on it.

• 3 weeks later...

i havent bought it, he was supposed to be borrowing my trailor to pick it up but he used someone else's so i havent seen it yet!

im not sure about this now as he let slip that he found dog biscuits behind some plastics so it sounds like mice have been using it as home the thick twat didnt realise what they where off until i said it could be mice storing food lol.

im still interested but i'll be knocking the price down a little me thinks

ken

Hello chap

I have one of these, I recently restored it. I am into this model big time. Can you send me a few pics of the bike and I might be able to help you out.

My bike is in December issue of Practical Sportsbike mag, some useful info in there,

These are not worth a lot, so be careful on the price. I am looking for another one, so if you dont want it, drop me a line. I paid over the odds for mine, spent a small fortune doing it up!!!!

is it def an FZ? or FZR steel as opposed to alloy framed.

£1k is at the top end of the FZ range, it would have to be MOT'd and running sweet for that.

I would offer him £500 and get to £800 if your confdent in cleaning carbs. That's if the bike hasn't been running for a while.

there's an article in December's Practicle sports bike on the FZ and they promote an 80's race foemulae which the top 10 bikes are FZ's

Its my bike in the mag! and my ugly mug on the first page of the feature!!!!!!

• Like 1

hi there cheers for the reply!!

by the sounds of it someone else has first dibs on it now - i kinda went off the idea when i found out that some form of feild animal had been using it for home he was banging on about it been dry stored and hardly any miles then later on mentioned about having to pull a nest out of it nahh not intersted