New project!

Churcher
This post is 3795 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys and gals! Just got a 1996 xj600s and I'm restoring it as a project. I was thinking of starting a blog about it all and posting what I was doing and how to sort through and clean it up etc. it's a non runner at the moment. Starts and runs on idle and choke, but will cut out as soon as you touch the accelorator. First though, problem in fuel pump/ carbs taken all this off and found a small hole in one of the diaphragms in the carb! Hoping this is the problem, anyway. Ordered a second hand set of carburetors and awaiting them to arrive. Checked fuel pump and fuel lines all running smoothly, so with any luck not much more work to do to get it up and running. Once it has it's MOT sorted I will start taking it apart again and shining it up. I will be stripping the bike down to the frame, sandblasting and powder coating it back to its original yellow! Yes... It's a yellow bike, it's grown on me! Will be putting up videos etc of me working on the bike doing a full strip down and clean up.

And advice on setting up a blog will be appreciated! But I'm new to the forum so I don't want people thinking I'm here just to nag an moan about how to do stuff to the bike! Also wondering where I should post this blog on the site and if it's alright to post this sort of thing on this site!

Cheers for viewing!

Ross.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there bud, welcome to the forum and congrats on purchasing what is most probably one of the most bulletproof bikes around :)

as for the blog, use blogspot.com, i have a XJ Turbo rebuild and a DT50 rebuild blog on there, its free and really easy to use

Cool, thanks foamy! Will jump on there tomorrow. I have been told they are reliable so looking forward to sorting it out! Will keep you all posted on my progress. Could you post the links to your blogs? :D

Started up the blog, will be posting little bits and bob on there as I get the bike up and running. Debating wether to get heated grips and hand guards to go with it. Also thinking about attempting to make a heated seat of sorts, possibly help keep the nads warm on the long rides 8-)

• 11 months later...

Well it has been almost a year since I started this little post. I had to stop with the project, but it has started up again! :D

I forgot what website I originally started the blog on, but I started blogging on an XJ forum

http://xjrider.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4686

Just found my old post via Google and thought I would update it!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online