Bar muffs any good?

Steve thomas
This post is 4128 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

deffinatly not!!!!

Gotta disagree I have had my hand in a few smelly ones :) lol

Bar muffs are great mate the only downside is they look shit, but if you are like me and prefer practicallity over vanity then go for it. Just make sure you get the right ones and they dont foul anyting

Bar muffs do a good job of keeping the wind/cold off your hands. Worth the money

try heated grips first, harder to fit, but easier to get used to. you can always put muffs over the heated grips if thats not enough

and heated grips are fine on a YBR, ive got teh oxford classic on mine, and the battery manages just fine

Hand muffs, heated grips, what's wrong with buying a decent set of gloves?

There is NO brand of glove that will keep my hands even slightly warm when the bike has NO fairing, the riding position is that of a kite, the standing temperature is -7ºC (becoming around -35ºC at 70mph) and I have 3-4 hours of riding to go... After a single hour, maybe less, your hands will both sting and have no feeling.

Heated grips won't help there either, as they only warm the inside of your hand.

Some guys improvise little wind shields over the grips with PVC pipe and tape, but I've never tried. They're open and so less likely to be as fiddly as muffs, but try stuff out and see what works best.

Stick your hand/s on the exhaust or the cylinder head when stopped at traffic lights or stop signs, its a free and easy way to warm your hands up. i do it all the time :)

On a ybr could you not fit hand guards like on off road bikes? Iv seen them on Buells before and they help deflect the wind. Some simple looking black ones would look good along with heated grips and i cant imagine youd have any more problems. Thats what i used to use on the supermoto and it worked a treat.

Maybe this

Or full wrap around ones these are what i used and rate them highly, good value for money too.

Stick your hand/s on the exhaust or the cylinder head when stopped at traffic lights or stop signs,

Don't get many of them on the motorway... Air-cooled engine is pretty cool in -35ºC winds, too :)

I guess being a hard nut is the only way.

Next year, I'll be doing the Elephant Rally, in just my underwear, ha ha!!

Don't get many of them on the motorway... Air-cooled engine is pretty cool in -35ºC winds, too :)

I guess being a hard nut is the only way.

Next year, I'll be doing the Elephant Rally, in just my underwear, ha ha!!

Revert back to your childhood days when riding your push bike and go no hands for a bit like Jessy James here O and this vid has my all time favorite bike builder Indian Larry :headbang:

Skip to 4:15

Naked on a bike? i guess thats why they call it the Elephant Rally! :D

There is NO brand of glove that will keep my hands even slightly warm when the bike has NO fairing, the riding position is that of a kite, the standing temperature is -7ºC (becoming around -35ºC at 70mph) and I have 3-4 hours of riding to go... After a single hour, maybe less, your hands will both sting and have no feeling.

I drive a Police Launch for a living, but occasionally I have to go out on one of these.

045.jpg

or the smaller searider

020.jpg

on some days you can be on them for up to 6 hours, and with the windchill factor and bouncing waves, it can lose the fun factor

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I brought some as I'm doing the whole winter on my bike. Was jubious as they look ridiculous. They were also HORRIBLE to use. I personally wouldn't recomend them to anyone, they hardly fit my bike. If i took my left hand out, when putting it back in the muff i was beeping the horn and putting my main beams on!! Lol!!

But seriously I hated them. Sent them back the next day.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online