Driveshaft refurb

littlej
This post is 4167 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Now that the summer (questionable) has been and gone I am about to start the renovation of my bike. Other than the appauling electrics that are held together with tape and smurf snot, my concern is for renovating the swining arm.

What is the best way to refurbish the driveshaft section and gear housing? I cannot sandblast it and powder coat it. Hammerite? Nah, too tacky.

Obviuosly i would like to do the best job possible for my liited skills but i dont want it ruined by a crap driveshaft.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

+1 for polishing, or alternatively just a nice good clean, if you can remove it and mask it up before sandblasting it before giving it a coat of black enamel then i strongly reccomend it, since buying a shotblaster for my XJ turbo project i cannot praise them enough, although they are a bit messy

Thanks for the replies, I will get it off and give it a good coat of looking at before deciding. Polishing does sound good though.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online