When did you Start Smoking??

sniff6
This post is 4133 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...

13 for me... quit at 30.

I was encouraged by our government to smoke at the age of 16.

Joined RN at that age and they gave us 200 duty free fags every month.

I was encouraged by our government to smoke at the age of 16.

Joined RN at that age and they gave us 200 duty free fags every month.

I've heard the US military gave soldiers cigarettes.

I presume that was peer pressure?

Not so much... parents smoked so we (sister and I) thought we should too. Hid it from the folks til we were about 16. Terrible i know. :shakeno: Dad and I have since quit. Mom and sis still smoke. To each his own I suppose.

Not so much... parents smoked so we (sister and I) thought we should too.

I remember in about 1962 my dad left his ritza? cigarettes papers lying around in the kitchen and me and my brother decided to roll a fag, but we didn't know at that time you had to put tobacco in the paper, so when we lit it from the gas cooker the "cig" caught fire and burnt our lips.

In them days smoking wasn't classed as taboo. in fact it was advertised on tv as being good.

started smoking first year at secondry school age 13

basically because a few people I hung about with did as well.

could buy 20 embassy regal for 52p back then which was 2.6 pence per fag,,, or of course you could get A SINGLE AND A BOOK OF MATCHES,,,, if you were skint.

now it is 37.5 pence each

time to give up I think ?!?!?!

Started at 16 when i got a moped and started hanging around with the rest of the "ped crew" most of which smoked, then when i joined the raf i kept smoking to preserve my sanity, gave up for a week during my first afghan tour but then decided to make the most of the £15/200 cigarettes and stockpiled them, i only have to buy cigarettes once every 8 months! :P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online