Thundersprint 2013

jont
This post is 4172 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Sorry to say (from a resident's point of view) that next years T/sprint will be held at the Anglesey Racing Circuit.

The entrance fee for spectators has gone up from 'FREE' to £10 !

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

'fraid so! Loads of comments on the Northwich Guardian website. I think Mr Melling has shot himself in the foot with this move. Northwich loved having all the bikers on their annual visit. The event had good support from Cheshire West and the town council (unusually!) and it was Policed in a very laid back way.

Never any problems over the weekends and a credit to biking.

Perfect for some interested business fella to organise a "Northwichsprint" or similar named event. If last years event had over 100,000 visitors, then Im sure there is money to be made. Why dont the Town Council organise summit

the thundersprint was granted £75,000 last year in grants to put it on.

I suppose it was inevitable with cut backs that this was unacceptable!

The organiser hadn't approached Cheshire West to ask about his grant. They appeared to have been wondering where he'd got to!

It's probable that in the near future the current little circuit will no longer be available due to developement in the town, although I'm sure the council would have tried very hard to find an alternative site.

I would have thought that "Three Sisters" would have made a better choice of venue, and would have done a good deal.

I'm going to see if Northwich can't organise some sort of Rally on the back of the Thundersprint to capitalise on the popularity of the town amongst the biker community.

3 sisters is way too small for 10k people.

I'm glad I manage to do the cavalcade last year on the tracker as it turned out to be the swan song ride.