DT 125 RE exhaust

Andy68
This post is 4179 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I have just bought a 2007 DT 125 RE and wondered if anyone can give me some advice regarding the exhaust. I think it has a standard expansion pipe with a another small silver pipe attached to it. The problem is with the small pipe which was held onto the exhaust with a small jubilee clip ( I think it is damaged where it goes on to the exhaust ). I noticed it was blowing but wondered what would be the best way to attach it or do away with it and seal the point on the expansion pipe it was attached to, or if I bought a dep system what would happen to the pipe left hanging down or does that attach to the dep system. I apologise if it's been asked before but any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If you buy a dep that extra pipe will have to come off and be blocked off (the dep should come with a bung)

Yeah on a dep pipe but not standard unless you block the hole in the expansion chamber. Its just to do with emissions.