Money before safety? Dangerously parked speed camera

DirtyDT
This post is 4138 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I saw this non marked, dangerously parked, speed camera on a very busy ring road this afternoon. Anyone in the inside lane would have to encroach into the outside lane to safely pass the van. It was on the border of a slip road which would have affected viability. Parked astride a concrete lane divider and on hash marks.

There were a few police cars passing when I took the picture so they didn't seem to be worried about drivers safety. This was outside a Hospital as well.

scamera.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just goes to prove safety camera vans have nothing to do with road safety and all to do with filling the chancellors piggy bank. Been you or i parked there we would soon have been nicked and towed away.

It was parked outside of the Queens Medical Center on the busy Nottingham ring road. Buses and emergency ambulances come down the slip road shown in the foreground.

Send the details to your local paper, expressing your concerns regarding road safety, whom I'm sure would take it up for you

Its more likely one of the road tax/insurance check vans that are poping up. They use one out near thrapston quite often. Similar van just blue. Thats unmarked as well.

I have also seen one parked on the main drag through Corby, but at least that one is parked off the road in a pull in.

And you mentioning Thrapston reminds me that I need to have a ride out that way, most of my mothers family live out that way, Raunds, Ringstead, the Addingtons as well as Thrapston its self, I have not been that way for years except last October on the MAG ride from Thrapston services.

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online