XVS 650 rear wheel

Venomauzz
This post is 4158 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello again.

I'm coming up for renewing my rear tyre and am going to go with the Avon I think.

But I've noticed the holes for the spokes on the hub are elongated and as making the loose spoke sound.

Obviously I'm concerned about this and am planning a change.

Has anyone tried to fit an XVS 1100 rear wheel to a 650 (uprating the brakes to disk ultimately)? Will it fit?

Concerns are drive shaft alignment and offset, mounting the calliper I'm not overly worried about right now.

Plan to use the 650 drive shaft and final drive if possible but may consider an upgrade there too if it's necessary.

All opinions appreciated.

Auzz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Wow its AUZZ! hows it going bud?

Not sure if its gunna be an easy task to fit an 1100 rear end to the 650. but then again if the swing arm on the 1100 is a direct fit to the 650 frame then it could make life a bit easier. Things you will have to find out first (before buying) is the width of the 1100 swing arm and the width of the 650 frame and also the diameter of the 1100 prop and also make sure it has the correct number of teeth on the prop. Ive had a Google and ive not come across anyone trying this but its always worth a try and i will always lend a hand.

Cheers Noise.... Might have to mess about with it over winter if you're about.

Spoke to the guys at Cider County Customs today as they have an XVS 1100 and he's happy for me to compare my bike's back end with his to see if it can be done.

Swingarms could be similar but different fasteners and fittings could make it difficult.

The only way I'm going to find out is to get hold of a loan wheel and see if it will work.

I don't suppose anyone local has an XVS 1100 in pieces at the moment that wouldn't mind helping out with a bit of research?

Auzz

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online