This has gotta be......

YamaHead
This post is 6825 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

.....a Kick in the Pants to drive! B) .....

Lawson_SuperKart.jpg

90+hp....2-stroke 250 GP motors....good for a 140mph.....they run lap-times as fast as World SuperBikes do when they race @ Laguna. :blink:

Not only did Eddie Lawson get inducted into the MotoGP Hall of Fame this last weekend .......he also took 3rd in the SuperKart race B)

I heard he had steering probs in the 1st stages of the race :unsure: ...or else he mighta won the thing! ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

They are awesome them little carts, thinking of laguna was an excellent race and a good bit of overtaking at the beginning B)

• 2 weeks later...

When I was a kid (damned long time ago-44 years!) my mate and I raced a kart with a Victa lawnmower engine in it. 125cc and 3.5bhp when standard. We got it up to 17bhp at the back wheels (Of course, it was hideously unreliable, but it taught me a great deal).

Driving the thing was a hoot too! Then I got into Villiers engined motorbikes. The development potential there was even higher, and they tended to hold together just a little longer.

It seems too easy now. I hop on the RD or the XJ900 and there's all the speed I want. Are today's kids missing something? I think so!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online