Fz600 Gulf

drewpy
This post is 2840 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:thumb:

Well done

cheers, ordered a DT/XT/TT fuel tap with no vacuum

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ye HA finnaly!!!!!! look out tommy he's still got time before squires HAHAHa.

So relay box gone and kill switch working and this night mare was mainly because of to much resistance in the plugs

Plenty of time to fuck it up again before then :eusa_whistle:

anyone got a spare "blind plug" 16g-13569-00-00 and clamp?

need one to cap off the barb on the intake manifold,PM me if you can help

I thank you :)

Out of currisoty what did you get for a finnal reading out of the pick up A/C volts?

I have the rubber stop you need but sure you can get it faster your side,.lots of car intake manifolds havs what you need. Got a local auto wrecker?

Out of currisoty what did you get for a finnal reading out of the pick up A/C volts?

I have the rubber stop you need but sure you can get it faster your side,.lots of car intake manifolds havs what you need. Got a local auto wrecker?

0.8ac volts

yea I'll get the plug form this side of the pond somehow.

thanks felix, i have an fz engine in the shed.

just ordered some non resister plugs as maybe the dynas have resister silicone leads.

ordered some oil for opie too

Just some info, the sparkplug should work with the resistor or not... I had both in my FZ and it ran the same with either, until I blew it up that is. lol

Just some info, the sparkplug should work with the resistor or not... I had both in my FZ and it ran the same with either, until I blew it up that is. lol

it wasn't about the spark plug but the ignitor. the silicone leads are resistive and I had 5k caps on plus a 5k spark plug would have been at least 15k of resistance. spec was 10k

Unless your running a radio or a RF device on your bike than you don't need resistors at all,they only even out RF signals and now most every thing is not RF, but digitial then who cares your only going to buzz someones tv or radio for a brieff moment as you pass by.

When the cap went On the wr and Yam wanted 80 bucks for a new one I just replaced the resistor with a bolt of the same length and bang the bike ran /started better. Might even be making a bit more power?

• 2 weeks later...

got some work done on the FZ today.

changed petrol tap to a DT400 so its manual

changed out the clutch because it clunked like a gud'un and was worn.

balanced the carbs

went for a test ride and it don't arf go and not even took it past 7k because of the wet roads.

MOT next and put some bodywork on. :)

Let's see her drewpy :photo2:

she naked and needs to put some clothes on first. :icon_redface1:

Hey, I like naked ladies as much as the next guy. :eusa_shifty:
  • Like 2

MOT passed yesterday,advisory slight oil mist on fork leg (will clean using milk bottle plastic) road tax paid for 1 year.

Now the weathers turned :(

still I'm just doing a rough paint job on some middle panels as they are blue, check valves and cam chain adjust then should good to go :)

• Like 1

It's been a long road now it's time to find out if it was worth it all. Be waiting to hear what you think :popcorn:

Tommy your done for this year trying to keep up at squires LOL unless you sell the 400's and get that fj1200.

• Like 1

When I got mine MOT'd a while ago I got the same advisory,it turned out to be WD40 had got under the dust seal cos I hadn't used the bike for a few week prior to MOT must been a bit generous with it when I had put it in my garage :crazy:

When I got mine MOT'd a while ago I got the same advisory,it turned out to be WD40 had got under the dust seal cos I hadn't used the bike for a few week prior to MOT must been a bit generous with it when I had put it in my garage :crazy:

I did put wd40 on the stanchions previously :eusa_doh:

That won't happen this year I'm afraid, look's like I'll be eating Drewpy dust again :shakeno:

and it seems faster than last time too :eusa_whistle: