Hello - new comer from Malta

tinu650
This post is 4184 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello to all members of this forum.

I own a Dragstar 650 Classic. I am in the process of turning it from stock cruiser to bobber. Hope to post some pics.

Regards,

Etienne

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey and welcome to the forum! Good luck with your bobber project - share pictures!

Hi Etienne, like Aitch52 (most likeley) spent many a night down the Gut (straight street) I even won the ropey trophy down there.

Hello to all,

Thanks for the warm welcome received on this forum.

Yes fortunately for us in Malta, the weather permits the use of a motorcycle all year round. I will be posting some photos of the work done on my Dragstar.

Regards,

Etienne

You're right Mike I did 2 DAMPS on the Rusty 'B' and the last visit on Ark Royal 4, there were many cultural visits to Straight Street among other more invigorating pastimes. Great place and terrific memories. Enjoy your project Etienne, managed to get my Virago XV535 started so have been able to get the bike registered. The starter clutch roller retaining plate had disintegrated. There is a rumble from the crankshaft bearings, the mechanic is opening up the engine on Monday to look at the problem.

You're right Mike I did 2 DAMPS on the Rusty 'B' and the last visit on Ark Royal 4, there were many cultural visits to Straight Street among other more invigorating pastimes. Great place and terrific

I presume the Rusty 'B' is the Bulwark? but what is 2 DAMPS?

I was on the Ark when I went to Malta in 1969/70.

What I do remember from the gut was that two matelots (one of us and one yank) were fighting half way down and the shore patrol were keeping us all apart so they knackered themselves, put their arms around each other, called it a draw and went off for a pint,

DAMP = Dockyard assisted maintenance period we were in for 4 weeks at a time on the Bulwark, then had a cracked propellor on the second trip and had 3 weeks in Gib, drydock and all that malarkey. I was lurked for Shore Patrol 3 times down the gut, that was sporty.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online