RD400 DS7 R5 owner from the States

sandman
This post is 4189 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

IMG_1440.jpgGreetings all-

I just found this forum! I'm looking forward to sharing some vintage Yamaha experience and advice, and seeking same from you all when I get stuck myself. As my sig shows, I'm an air cooled twin owner and restorer. Will try posting up a piccie or two of one of my favorites.

I'm in the Chicago, IL area and am on two other two stroke forums, but want some fresh views and ideas.

Cheers!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Very nice indeed! Welcome aboard sandman. :)

Thank you all for the welcome, gentleman. I have a question: is there a percentage breakdown of where members are located? Are they mainly UK and Scotland based, or is it an even mix of there and the USA? I'm just trying to get a feel of the scope of this forum, but I suppose that'll come with more exposure.

In the meantime, here's a pic of my recently completed 1976 400C model posing in the autumnal flora!

IMG_4245.jpg

Ooops, I just noticed that you're female, Sacha- gentlemen and ladies it is, then! Also noticed that you're a G7S owner- I almost was a new owner just last week. I found one on the local Craiglist, but somebody beat me to it by about one hour. What a cool little cafe styled Yamaha...after looking at some pictures I fell in love with it and really wanted it.

No worries. :) I love my little green machine. She's a blast. I fell in love with her on first sight too and I get tons of compliments on her... someone even left her a "love note". :biglaugha:

Not sure about the distribution of YOC members. I think most are UK-based, but the states seem to be gaining... and we have some other Europeans and Canadians, eh. hee,hee

Thats seriously nice that is, the RD400c had speed blocks [decals] in europe, And its a world wide forum , members far and wide,

Lot of members come and go, ,, some spit the dummy if there questions aint answered imediately, ..glad your aboard, with you wealth of experience :thumb:

Hey and welcome to the forum. That's a fantastic resto job, you should be proud!

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely looking bike. I was considering one out here in Thailand as they are very popular here but did a road trip to visit a mate and ended up with his sick Virago 535, one of those unplanned life events lol. Nice workmanship Sandman.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online