YBR 125 Gearbox Problem

Sam_Wolves
This post is 4194 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, I have a 2010 YBR 125, I've had it for a few months now and no real problems so far. Recently though I have been having a problem changing up, I pull the clutch in, go for the lever and it is just comlpletely loose and it seems like there is no gear there, if i briefly engage the clutch and then pull it back in again it seems to make it work.

I am a car mechanic and don't know alot about bike gearboxes, but could it be whatever it is that is on the end of the lever, missing something in the gearbox? if that makes sense.....probably doesn't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

First try and say hello in the new members section.

2nd every gear or only 1 gear .....if only 1 bent shift fork...... if every gear then loose shifter.

Will it power shift? ie; hold pressure on the shifter and blip the throttle off and back on? no clutch

Thanks for the response, DT. I seem to have sorted it out now, the oil was low so I've topped it up, probably the first thing I should've checked. And I will visit the new members section. :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online